Behold ze German - Not new, just back!

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Behold ze German - Not new, just back!

Postby Gilgenbach » Sat 26 Sep 2020, 6:50 pm

Hi OAPs,

I am not new as such - but have returned (again), after a long abscence. I have basically only returned to find some contacts to team up with on Star Wars Squadrons. Since my previous appearance here I have moved partly to the UK (leaving again in January after Brexit), have found a wonderful English lady to marry (soon), and have taken up the editorial duties for a new (and rather cool) military history magazine in the UK (Iron Cross Magazine, Warners Plc). I still do 'history' full-time, and sadly that allows for only a very limited amount of time in front of the PS. I hope I can put some hours into SW:Squadrons.

For those who don't know me yet. Rob is German, 44 years young, works as a historian and magazine editor, has two fluffy dogs, lives in Bedfordshire and Germany.

PSN: DastardlyHun :beer:
Gilgenbach
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Re: Behold ze German - Not new, just back!

Postby ManicMyna » Sun 27 Sep 2020, 7:42 am

was expecting a russian spam account - but the title made more sense :lol: don't think I'm likely to pick that game up with ps5 out soon, I'm looking forward to trying some multiplayer Ghost of Tsushima when that update comes out and playing cyberpunk
ManicMyna

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mane » Sun 27 Sep 2020, 10:29 am

Welcome back!
I'm interested in squadrons but it's not a good time for me to add extra games to my shelf.
There are people talking about it with hopeful excitement.
Mane
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Sun 27 Sep 2020, 11:38 pm

I've pre-ordered Squadons my final PS4 purchase. Although timezone differences between there and straya make gaming difficult now. Hugely looking forward to playing through the whole game in VR though!
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Wed 30 Sep 2020, 2:06 pm

Hi Rob, welcome back! Not really buying any new games at the moment due to a covid related lack of income, but would love to join you for a game in the future when things get back to normal :Y:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gilgenbach » Wed 30 Sep 2020, 4:29 pm

Hi Bondy! How lovely to see you! I have reduced spendings to a minimum as well - but I could not resist Squadrons. Would be lovely to team up with you in something again. I have missed out on BF5 - as reviews weren't particularly good.
Gilgenbach
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby Saltyballz81 » Wed 30 Sep 2020, 4:34 pm

Gilgenbach wrote:Hi Bondy! How lovely to see you! I have reduced spendings to a minimum as well - but I could not resist Squadrons. Would be lovely to team up with you in something again. I have missed out on BF5 - as reviews weren't particularly good.

You dodged a bullet with BFV, it was crap. Very nearly killed the franchise.
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Wed 30 Sep 2020, 10:58 pm

Oh I forgot to say, welcome GilgenBack!
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Return to Introductions