Hello from me.....

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from me.....

Postby Norkoze » Sat 14 Nov 2020, 2:53 pm

Hi,

I Registered a little while ago but never got around to posting an intro until now.

My name is Chris, I’m 34 and live with my other half and our son who is coming up to 20 months old now and running around everywhere like a loon! Originally from Ipswich but I moved to Colchester in 2003 and have been here since.

Obviously I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t have an interest in gaming. I Started playing when I was young but never really got that into it until I got a PS2 for Christmas about a year or so after they came out. Since then my interest snowballed into what it is today.

It’s the one thing I can do at home, once the family has gone to bed, that truly helps me unwind as I just get so invested/ engrossed in what’s happening within the game that I forget about all of the real world stuff. For that, I wouldn’t be without it.

Although, ironically, right now I am without it as I sold my PS4 last week to make room for the PS5. I’ve been lucky enough to secure one for launch day which can’t come quick enough!

I Have been primarily an Xbox gamer since I played the first Halo and I fully intended on getting a Series X until that Halo Infinite gameplay reveal. I Was so disappointed that I switched my attention to PS5 a day or 2 later.

My new headset and some of the games I’ve preordered have already arrived so it’s like torture right now!
Generally happy with the simple games. I Like to drive fast (or as fast as my limited ability allows) and shoot stuff most of the time although I do also enjoy a good single player game too.

Games I have/ have on order for PS5 are:

Godfall - Doesn’t seem like this is reviewing all that well but then Destiny didn’t either and I sunk so many hours into that. As far as I can see it looks like God of War combat with Destiny loot so I’m willing to at least give it a go.
Call of Duty Black Ops; Cold War
Spider-Man Miles Morales - I Didn’t actually think that much of the first game but wanted a single player focused game.
DiRT 5
FIFA 21

I’m hoping that Apex Legends gets a PS5 upgrade as that was one of my favourite games to play.

Due to work and family, I don’t get on until around 9:30pm most evenings but would be good to have people to play with as most of my online buddies have stuck with Xbox but I just couldn’t give MS anymore of my money until I actually see some games.

I’ve probably rambled on for far too long. Maybe it’s given you something to read while sitting on the bog!? If you’ve made it this far, well done!

Feel free to add me on PSN

I Will be around from PS5 launch day onwards (all being well)
Norkoze
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Re: Hello from me.....

Postby ManicMyna » Mon 16 Nov 2020, 6:58 am

a late welcome, had to rescue your intro from moderation purgatory
ManicMyna

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Mon 16 Nov 2020, 10:58 pm

Howdy Norkoze, welcome to the OAP forum!

Lucky you nabbing a launch pre-order, i was in a meeting when the early pre-orders dropped so only managed to secure an alleged "2020" one, the actual launch here (Straya) was last week and i've yet to hear when/if my PS5 is landing, fingers crossed it's soon as I also have a Dualsense waiting to use on it.

I'm very much looking forward to No Man's Sky on the PS5. I have a PSVR camera adaptor on the way but am a bit hesitant how it will work on the PS5 as it's the older one without HDR passthrough, not that my antique 4K TV has that anyway......

It's exciting times this new console lark, i'm not sure it will match the excitement of playing Motorstorm for the first time though, although the PS3 did cost me AU$999.

I grew up in Essex and Colchester Zoo was one of our regular school trips (along with Southend Aircraft Museum), i still remember the time we went there in Junior School and an elephant left a ring of shit on Simon Martin's hand. XD
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Tue 17 Nov 2020, 3:05 pm

welcome to OAP Nork :Y:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Norkoze » Tue 17 Nov 2020, 11:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome all :)

Mulletino wrote:It's exciting times this new console lark, i'm not sure it will match the excitement of playing Motorstorm for the first time though, although the PS3 did cost me AU$999.

Yeah, I agree. Something about the launch of a new console generation........ can’t be beaten in my opinion. It still makes me feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!
Let’s face it, this year has been especially difficult for many people all across the world so I’m very grateful for having this as a hobby and being lucky enough to secure a launch PS5.

Being an Xbox player for the most part up until a few months ago, I have had the 360, One & One X at launch but I’ve never had a PlayStation console at launch before.

Motorstorm......... what a game that was! Would love that to return on PS5! Would look incredible!
Norkoze
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby kaycee2011 » Mon 23 Nov 2020, 9:28 am

Hi Norkoze - welcome!
kaycee2011
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Return to Introductions