Yaster

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Yaster

Postby TehRadge » Wed 19 Apr 2006, 4:18 pm

I've been signed up to this forum for quite a while now but as far as I know I haven't said zip. So I'm terribly sorry if I have and I'm repeating myself, must be getting senile!

Anyways, I'm Yaster, I'm 27 and from Edinburgh. Since January I've been a member of the relitively new Xbox 360 clan Frag Legion UK but occasionaly dip my foot into PS2 online waters (mainly on Ratchet 3 + Gladiator and Hardware). it's been a wee while but after picking up S3 and Fireteam Bravo, I'm all ready get tear up the PS2 online community once again.

So, looking forward to seeing a lot of you out on the battlefield.
TehRadge
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Boba UK » Wed 19 Apr 2006, 4:22 pm

Lo dude,

So is 19th April Yasterday?

You will no doubt get a severe prodding soon from some overexcited people with no S3 yet, so I may as well start.

What previous consoles/computers have you owned and what were your fave games on them? We love reminiscing round here you see, as most of us can remember when it was all trees.
Boba UK
Champion Werthers Sucker

Awards Cabinet

Postby TehRadge » Wed 19 Apr 2006, 4:31 pm

Boba UK wrote:Lo dude,

So is 19th April Yasterday?

You will no doubt get a severe prodding soon from some overexcited people with no S3 yet, so I may as well start.

What previous consoles/computers have you owned and what were your fave games on them? We love reminiscing round here you see, as most of us can remember when it was all trees.
No, the 18th was yesterday. Oh sorry you said Yasterday, I'm going deaf as well!

yeah i have still to give S3 a go, just been playing the PSP one so far cos I can't get on the PS2.

I've basically had every popular console under the sun. This is my collection page http://users.ign.com/collection/yatsura . The only thing is dosen't mention is that i had a Saturn and a Spectrum.

My most favourite games of all time are Street Fighter 2 (looking forward to its appearance on XB Live Arcade) and Speedball 2 (SHOULD be on XBL Arcade). As for online games, I am currently playing a lot of Ghost Recon AW and Battlefield 2 (both on XB 360 right now). And like I said, I'm quite fond of Ratchet and Hardware.
Join the [OAP] Discord server.
TehRadge
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Jonah » Wed 19 Apr 2006, 4:37 pm

Welcome (back) Yaster.

Yaster wrote:but after picking up S3

and it was going so well..... ;)

You jammy bugger. Nowhere in London is selling S3 today and some haven't even taken delivery yet.

Yes, tell us more please! we love the old stories of beating your Nan at Atari Tennis, playing Pacman until your eyes bled or nearly pissing yourself when you opened your Amiga 500 on chrimbo day '87*......

* - :oops: just me then.. ;)
Jonah
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Wed 19 Apr 2006, 7:44 pm

Wow Yaster, that's one hell of an unhealthy collection. Where on earth do you find the time and money to keep that going. And this one was new to me!

Yaster wrote:My most favourite games of all time are ...

Tee hee, you sound like Lola, one of ChildG's favourite TV characters.

Oh, and welcome. Prepare for the prodding.
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby TehRadge » Wed 19 Apr 2006, 8:04 pm

Ah yes, good old Green Dog. Got that recently for about a fiver. Thats where a lot of my collection is from, second hand. Can't afford to blow £40 on every game, not on my wages :p

When I saw the link to the cheats part of IGN, i thought that this was going to come up! That second cheat was submitted by me back in the day!
TehRadge
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Re: Yaster

Postby Kiplin » Wed 19 Apr 2006, 11:06 pm

Firstly, hello there!! :)

Secondly, does your new Xbrick360 clan play sony playstation?
Yaster wrote:Since January I've been a member of the relitively new Xbox 360 clan Frag Legion UK but occasionaly dip my foot into PS2 online waters (mainly on Ratchet 3 + Gladiator and Hardware). it's been a wee while but after picking up S3 and Fireteam Bravo, I'm all ready get tear up the PS2 online community once again.

If so, then it'd be 'Chums' Status you're after (a group of cool gamers we play with in sort of open 'closed' rooms :wink: )If not, then as long as you dont play on a playstation on with any other clan, you can be a 'full' member of OAP...

Yaster wrote:That second cheat was submitted by me back in the day!

BTW, OAP frown on cheats/glitches of any kind, we beleive in simple fun, honest gaming, the way the programers intended...see you in socom3 soon.... :)

Kips

:chef:
Kiplin
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby TehRadge » Thu 20 Apr 2006, 6:45 am

Cool, yeah basically the FLUK is just a 360 clan. I had a word with one of the leaders last night and it turns out they're cool with me joining a PS2 community or being "headhunted" by one.

Also I guess that wasn't strictly a "cheat" i submitted. More a code allowing you to unlock the full version of KOF 95 on the old Saturn.

I'm going to try and join in with a couple of games at some point, I've been a little busy with Ubi's Battle of the Dolls (I'm in Team Sarin) but that finishes tonight so hopefully you'll see a bit more of me from now on.
TehRadge
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Kiplin » Thu 20 Apr 2006, 6:58 am

Yaster wrote:it's been a wee while but after picking up S3 and Fireteam Bravo, I'm all ready get tear up the PS2 online community once again.

Yaster wrote:being "headhunted" by one.

We like duck hunting, some like butt hunting, but we never headhunt anyone. They come to us...just as you did dude.

Yaster wrote:Cool, yeah basically the FLUK is just a 360 clan.

Cool. The one rule is oap is never to play online on a playstation under a different clan tag.

Yaster wrote:I'm going to try and join in with a couple of games at some point, I've been a little busy with Ubi's Battle of the Dolls (I'm in Team Sarin) but that finishes tonight so hopefully you'll see a bit more of me from now on.

Although we have independant 'teams' (over there <<<<) who have their own ethos and gaming style, OAP as a whole plays for fun, with all levels given an extra shout, beacuse many of us are in our 30's-40's we value Real Life (RL) much more than ranking and enjoy a waffle in the dead zone more than an MVP....is that what you want part of? :wink:

Kips

Kiplin
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Re: Yaster

Postby DaddyR » Thu 20 Apr 2006, 7:20 am

Kiplin wrote:
Yaster wrote:That second cheat was submitted by me back in the day!

BTW, OAP frown on cheats/glitches of any kind, we beleive in simple fun, honest gaming, the way the programers intended...see you in socom3 soon.... :)

Kips

I don't think it was that kind of cheat Kips, it just unlocked the gore animations in an old beat-em-up. But Kips is right Yaster, we don't like those glitching fools who make our precious online gaming time miserable.
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby Kankelbar » Thu 20 Apr 2006, 7:26 am

Hello Yaster.

Another one from Auld Reekie. Pull up a chair.

Are you looking to become a fully fledged bowling club member so you can join in our closed games etc???
Kankelbar
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby TehRadge » Sat 29 Apr 2006, 3:01 pm

Hi again, sorry about the delay there, had a whole bunch of nonsense to sorted out. Smart another Edinburgh resident, i knew some of you were based up here.

Bowling club membership sounds great, i was a little unsure of how this community worked out actually and for the last week I have been on the look out for OAP rooms on SOCOM 3. but i noticed Timesplitters was being played tonight. I'm kind of a little more used to playing that game at the moment so is it ok if I join in with the fun on that tonight?

If so is there anyone's handle I can add to my EA friends list so it will be easier to find the room where everyone's playing in?
TehRadge
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby The Elders » Tue 02 May 2006, 9:27 am

...No sir, Yaster, three bags full sir..

Oh sorry, the delay in greeting you has been caused by a blimmin crèche for all the esteemed Bowling Club members grandchildren and great grandchildren, to be frank, we had to throw the lovely fruit away after one little cherub was hollowing out our Brambly apples and filling them with stones from the driveway, the Duplo pieces were never designed to be inserted there and our head is filled with Nursery Rhymes, so please bear with us...

We Welcome your application to join our community, and the Elders have released us from our attic cell to bestow some prawns of wisdom upon your kilted bonce.

All we ask is you abide by our rules (over there<<<<) Please wear an appropriate sig (ie: it bears the name of you Playstation clan (OAP) not your X-Box clan) , and you try to raise a smile in game, in the forums, by playing fair, free an gaily....

So, Yaster, or should we say OAP Yaster, you will find us playing socom3 on the Italiano server, our passwords will be known to you, and many rooms of forums will be available for your perusal when you reply to the email being sent shortly. You may, or may not, join one of our gaming teams within The Home, and use the Events system to sign up for games.

Enjoy OAP, there's nowt place like it, this side of Camelopardali

THE ELDERS
The Elders
The Metatron

Awards Cabinet

Postby TehRadge » Thu 19 Apr 2007, 6:54 am

Well now that it has been a year I thought I would resurrect my old intro thread, as seems to be the fashion these days. Of course I was registered a lot longer before and I wouldn't join the BC until May 02 but I did make my first post on this day one year ago.

And what a year it has been, fiddled around with Socom 3 for a little bit and then finally the PS3 came out, tree-mendous.

Ah well here's to the next one.
TehRadge
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Thu 19 Apr 2007, 7:01 am

Happy one-year-since-first-post-but-been-a-member-longer aaniversary Yaster old bean. :)
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to Introductions