[BC'd] smudger_07 signing in...hopefully!!!

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

[BC'd] smudger_07 signing in...hopefully!!!

Postby smudger07 » Thu 04 Sep 2008, 7:51 pm

Hello everyone hope you are all well? My PSN is smudger_07, a 34 ½ year old from the Bedfordshire area. I started gaming many moon’s ago when I was a wee lad (sound of the Hovis advert) when me and my brother got a Dragon 32 one Christmas, breaking my teeth on Cuthbert in the jungle and Chucky Egg. Then it went from there to the Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Nes, Mega Drive, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, PSP, Wii & PS3.

I would say that I’m a just above average gamer, but even the best have bad days. I stumbled over this web site via the PS3 forum, and found that most of the posts has my type of humour….sarcastic. But you ask how do I feel that I’m old enough to be a OAP, well for starters I remember the Dragon 32, penny sweets when they were only a penny and wagon wheels when they were the size of dinner plates. I have never been part of a clan, but, I would be honoured (if allowed) to be an OAP.
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby Jonah » Thu 04 Sep 2008, 7:59 pm

Hey Smudger (very nice avatar by the way :lol:)

Welcome to the smelly place. Ahh penny sweets, I remember going to the shops on Sunday mornings ("take your brother!") to get the papers, my reward? a whole pound.

"One hundred cola bottles please..." :roll:
Jonah
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby smudger07 » Thu 04 Sep 2008, 8:07 pm

Jonah wrote:Hey Smudger (very nice avatar by the way :lol:)

Welcome to the smelly place. Ahh penny sweets, I remember going to the shops on Sunday mornings ("take your brother!") to get the papers, my reward? a whole pound.

"One hundred cola bottles please..." :roll:

Thank you, i remember that as well, always in that small paper bag that if you did not eat them quick enough, the last few always stick to the bag.
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby smudger07 » Thu 04 Sep 2008, 8:48 pm

sofaboy wrote:Hi There Smudger,

excellent avatar, made me smile once i recognised it ,my eye's are on there wayout.
Anyway, pull up a puff, and make yourself comfortable whilst you wait for the big boys & girl's to arrive, who'll meet n great you.
:lovin: :help:

Hello Sofaboy, Thank you is took me a while to make it small enough to fit. No worries my feet are up, the blanket across my lap and a cup of cocoa by the side.
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby soulreaver77 » Thu 04 Sep 2008, 10:49 pm

mojos were half penny

whoop whoop 8O
soulreaver77
Colostomy Bag Carrier

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 1:04 am

Hello Smudger,

Sarcasm on the PS3 forums, can't imagine anyone doing that! ;)

Right, a whole pound for me to spend on sweets?! Here's my choice:

Can I have 5 of those
Except the proper old ones that looked like tools.
A quarter of those
5 of those
Except this version.
one of those
5 of those
One of those
one of those
two of those
8 banana Mojos

OOh, how much are the Bazooka gums? Can you put one Bubbly back and I'll have two Bazookas?

(got bored of looking for pictures)

I'd also like some Spanish Gold
a packet of Superman Sweet Cigarettes

How much have I got left?

Can I also have a copy of Whizzer and Chips please?

Oh and I was supposed to get a small bag of Golden Virginia for dad.
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby smudger07 » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 7:20 am

AH black jacks and fruit salad, lost a lot of milk teeth eating those, but the winner for me has to be...

The legend of Space Dust. Always remember my Grandad eating some, probably the funnist thing I can think of when I was a young one.
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby RetiredUser2461 » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 8:46 am

Hello Smudge and welcome to our house. The funny smell will grow on you (especially if you spend too much time in sav's room), but hey don't worry i think Daddy R has some linament you can use!

Whilst you enjoy siting in the warm chair(hehehe), i will pick your few remaining grey cells:;

Vodka or whisky?
Tea or coffee?
Slippers or barefoot?
Hob knob or jaffa cake?(sorry this is a cake not a biscuit but do you like them!)

Default or invert?
Children or pets?(or both)
A lovely person to snuggle up to in bed or turn away from whichever way your inclined!!! (lol)

Shed or house?(where you play?)

That will do for now although i'm sure that there will be more probing for you so make sure you have some anti-chafe cream handy!!

Just be thankful that the winning marrow has all gone now!! :wink: :D
RetiredUser2461
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Postby smudger07 » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 11:33 am

battie2 wrote:Hello Smudge and welcome to our house. The funny smell will grow on you (especially if you spend too much time in sav's room), but hey don't worry i think Daddy R has some linament you can use!

Whilst you enjoy siting in the warm chair(hehehe), i will pick your few remaining grey cells:;

Vodka or whisky?
Tea or coffee?
Slippers or barefoot?
Hob knob or jaffa cake?(sorry this is a cake not a biscuit but do you like them!)

Default or invert?
Children or pets?(or both)
A lovely person to snuggle up to in bed or turn away from whichever way your inclined!!! (lol)

Shed or house?(where you play?)

That will do for now although i'm sure that there will be more probing for you so make sure you have some anti-chafe cream handy!!

Just be thankful that the winning marrow has all gone now!! :wink: :D

EH!! sorry dozed off there.
:oops:
Vodka or whisky? - BOTH
Tea or coffee? - TEA, earl grey
Slippers or barefoot?- SLIPPERS
Hob knob or jaffa cake?(sorry this is a cake not a biscuit but do you like them!) - HOB KNOB - like having porridge in a biscuit

Default or invert? - ERRRRR DEFAULT
Children or pets?(or both) - JUST A CAT
A lovely person to snuggle up to in bed or turn away from whichever way your inclined!!! (lol) - WHATEVER IS ON OFFER

Shed or house?(where you play?)- HOUSE

The inflatable ring is already blown up, it's not the marrow I'm worried about, it's the prize winning pumpkin that worries me....

Is it me but does that gardener look like he is really enjoying the squash from behind lol
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby Jonah » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 11:38 am

It's Buster Gonad! :rofl:
Jonah
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Skuzzle » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 12:16 pm

Welcome Smudger, I used to like that shit that used to crackle in your mouth, space dust or something that like. Oh I've just noticed going back that someone has already put that down, sorry can't be arsed to go back and delete what i've just written, I like those stupid saucer things with the fizzy stuff in the middle as well. I too also remember when wagon wheels were to the size of dinner plates, as a matter of fact they still are the size of a dinner plate to Wid!

Again hello and welcome

:lol:
Skuzzle
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Re: smudger_07 signing in...hopefully!!!

Postby DaddyR » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 1:40 pm

Lo smudger07 - I live in Herts and used to live in Markyate, the village closest to the Forbidden Zone, or Bedfordshire as you call it.

And you had (amongst most everything else) an N64, the greatest console of all time. Run me through your faves just so I can see if you are right or not :wink:

smudger07 wrote:and wagon wheels when they were the size of dinner plates.

I'm pretty sure this Wagon Wheels are smaller is partly due to us being bigger and partly due to perspective:

DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby RetiredUser2461 » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 6:30 pm

Mmmmm..... my analysis of your results show that you have displayed a hatred of hob nobs and havn't specified about jaffa cakes!!!!
RetiredUser2461
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Re: smudger_07 signing in...hopefully!!!

Postby smudger07 » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 7:38 pm

DaddyR wrote:Lo smudger07 - I live in Herts and used to live in Markyate, the village closest to the Forbidden Zone, or Bedfordshire as you call it.

And you had (amongst most everything else) an N64, the greatest console of all time. Run me through your faves just so I can see if you are right or not :wink:

smudger07 wrote:and wagon wheels when they were the size of dinner plates.

I'm pretty sure this Wagon Wheels are smaller is partly due to us being bigger and partly due to perspective:

Hi there please to meet you. The N64...errrrrrmmmm for me it had to be between Goldeneye & Mario Kart, also found a copy of Banjo Tooie. Do you know that you are right everything looks small now...i mean EVERYTHING.

I know Markyate, a village with a Luton phone number and a St Albans Post code, great chip shop there, and the cell where the wicked lady's ghost is suppose to be
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby smudger07 » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 7:40 pm

battie2 wrote:Mmmmm..... my analysis of your results show that you have displayed a hatred of hob nobs and havn't specified about jaffa cakes!!!!

No Jaffa cakes are cool, it's just the word 'Jaffa' and having no kids.
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to Introductions