[BC'd] smudger_07 signing in...hopefully!!!

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: smudger_07 signing in...hopefully!!!

Postby DaddyR » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:26 pm

smudger07 wrote:I know Markyate, a village with a Luton phone number and a St Albans Post code, great chip shop there, and the cell where the wicked lady's ghost is suppose to be

That's a Harpenden phone number and St Albans post code (especially when the house is on the market :wink: ). I'm not a fried food fan but the Markyate Pavilion is one of the best curry houses I've been to and the Indian takeaway is pretty good. For a mile long village with four pubs it's a pain they are all shit. And the wicked lady too.

I'm in Hatfield now so I've no idea why I can take the piss out of Luton.

I preferred Goldeneye's single player but Perfect Dark's multi player was better I recon. And you didn't mention LoZ OoT, my fave game ever. And Mario Tennis is probably the best in-home multiplayer game ever (although SingStar and Buzz! are close runners).
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby smudger07 » Fri 05 Sep 2008, 10:47 pm

DaddyR wrote:
smudger07 wrote:I know Markyate, a village with a Luton phone number and a St Albans Post code, great chip shop there, and the cell where the wicked lady's ghost is suppose to be

That's a Harpenden phone number and St Albans post code (especially when the house is on the market :wink: ).

LOL, that's right at least an extra £30,0000.

To be honest I actually brought the N64 after my PS3, as I have always wanted one but brought a PS1. With the second hand value now it is excellent value for money, so I will see if I can obtain a copy of Legend. Thank you for your recommendation. But I do have a copy of Mario Golf.
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby Sav » Sat 06 Sep 2008, 5:55 am

DaddyR wrote:I'm not a fried food fan

And I'm running the 100m at the 2012 Olympics too.
Not watching any football since whenever.
Sav
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Boba UK » Sat 06 Sep 2008, 8:19 am

Sav wrote:
DaddyR wrote:I'm not a fried food fan

And I'm running the 100m at the 2012 Olympics too.

:rofl:
Boba UK
Champion Werthers Sucker

Awards Cabinet

Postby RetiredUser2461 » Sat 06 Sep 2008, 9:14 am

Oh, my chart has thrown up you have a serious problem!!
Prepaternaljaffaitous syndrome!

Don't worry you'll be able to get over this one in time, in the meantime i recommend once a month purchasing a pack of said cakes and just sit in a darkened room with a coffee and close your eyes and just be brave and eat one!!!

What's your cat called?

Hope you are enjoying getting to know us! :lol:
RetiredUser2461
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Postby smudger07 » Sat 06 Sep 2008, 6:05 pm

battie2 wrote:Oh, my chart has thrown up you have a serious problem!!
Prepaternaljaffaitous syndrome!

Don't worry you'll be able to get over this one in time, in the meantime i recommend once a month purchasing a pack of said cakes and just sit in a darkened room with a coffee and close your eyes and just be brave and eat one!!!

What's your cat called?

Hope you are enjoying getting to know us! :lol:

Thank you Doctor Battie, I think that I have a really bad case, so I'm going to have to take two packs, unless you think I will not overdose. :lol:

The Cat is called Harry, and was a rescused cat, which we have had for the last ten years now.

Yes. i'm really enjoying gettin to know you all, and it's a small world, that DaddyR used to live about 2 miles where I grew up.

If not out of order can I ask a question?
May I ask what games you enjoy, and what games you know you are good at????
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby Jonah » Sat 06 Sep 2008, 6:10 pm

smudger07 wrote: If not out of order can I ask a question?

Ooom the hunted becomes the huntee. I like it! :lol:
Jonah
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby zeroflip » Sat 06 Sep 2008, 6:22 pm

howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Smudger - I used to live in Harpenden. I often used to fall asleep on the train after a night out in London and find myself in Bedfordshire 8O 8O 8O 8O That was an expensive taxi ride home 8O 8O DaddyR - Hatfield - I used to go for meetings with work there alot and also to The Galleria cinema. And did they not film a load of films there - I remember when they were filiming Band of Brothers, you could see the set as you drove past. Or have I just made that up??!!!??

Anyhoo, nice to meet you...as for your questions....I really love playing pretty much all games but I am afraid to report I am not very good at any of them :oops:

TTFN
Fee
zeroflip
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby RetiredUser2461 » Sat 06 Sep 2008, 9:46 pm

Hi Smudge, cool cat name and good that you saved him from a other life!

In answer to your question i havn't had much of a gaming variety on ps3, i have played GTA4 but have bad days at steering!!!(no women driver jokes please)

I love playing cod4 have good games and bad games as most of the OAPS could tell you but i enjoy it all the same,(although killing particular players has secret joy !!!)

I think you will be safe to eat two packs of jaffas and if you are feeling reckless go the whole hog and do a triple! :wink:
RetiredUser2461
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Postby smudger07 » Sun 07 Sep 2008, 7:51 pm

zeroflip wrote:howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Smudger - I used to live in Harpenden. I often used to fall asleep on the train after a night out in London and find myself in Bedfordshire 8O 8O 8O 8O That was an expensive taxi ride home 8O 8O DaddyR - Hatfield - I used to go for meetings with work there alot and also to The Galleria cinema. And did they not film a load of films there - I remember when they were filiming Band of Brothers, you could see the set as you drove past. Or have I just made that up??!!!??

Anyhoo, nice to meet you...as for your questions....I really love playing pretty much all games but I am afraid to report I am not very good at any of them :oops:

TTFN
Fee

G'day Zero, it is a very small world, my Girlfirend used to live there near the Manor nr Redbourne.
I quite sure that the band of Brothers was filmed around the aerodome near Hatfield, I only know that because where I used to work we did some deliveries there.

I'm pretty much like yourself, really like playing but again not too good. I currently playing COD4, a hell of a lot, so much that I have games that have not even seen the inside of my PS3. I had to play something else so just started Uncharted yesterday.

It's been a pleasure meeting you.
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby smudger07 » Sun 07 Sep 2008, 8:00 pm

battie2 wrote:Hi Smudge, cool cat name and good that you saved him from a other life!

In answer to your question i havn't had much of a gaming variety on ps3, i have played GTA4 but have bad days at steering!!!(no women driver jokes please)

I love playing cod4 have good games and bad games as most of the OAPS could tell you but i enjoy it all the same,(although killing particular players has secret joy !!!)

I think you will be safe to eat two packs of jaffas and if you are feeling reckless go the whole hog and do a triple! :wink:

Thank you, he is really a lovely cat. (apart when he wants food)
I also really enjoy COD4 (please see last post) and agree. One game you're top with 30 kills, then the next, only 6 kills. There are some maps I prefer more than others.

I took your advise and brought three packs today in Asda, also just in case that didn't work also got a jar of orange marmalade. :D
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby RetiredUser2461 » Mon 08 Sep 2008, 8:39 am

Good man and the marmalade will help if you feel sick after eating three packs of jaffa cakes!!! :D
RetiredUser2461
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Postby Kiplin » Mon 08 Sep 2008, 12:19 pm

ello smudger! Welcome to the Home. :Y:

All this talk about retro seeties bought to mind the ol' choccy fags I used to buy! Loved em!

You could choose between the poor mans white sticks with red ends, or, at chrimbo you had brown choccy wrapped in their own Rizzlas..( I remember the papers weren't edible, although they were easily digestable..)

Hope your stay is long and happy dude.

Kippers

:chef:
Kiplin
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby smudger07 » Mon 08 Sep 2008, 6:16 pm

Kiplin wrote:ello smudger! Welcome to the Home. :Y:

All this talk about retro seeties bought to mind the ol' choccy fags I used to buy! Loved em!

You could choose between the poor mans white sticks with red ends, or, at chrimbo you had brown choccy wrapped in their own Rizzlas..( I remember the papers weren't edible, although they were easily digestable..)

Hope your stay is long and happy dude.

Kippers

:chef:

A real pleasure to meet you, and I love the cakes it's poetry to my taste buds. :lol:

I certainly remember the white ones. Those were the ones if that if you left them out of the packet for more then 4 minutes, they would go all soft. But I don't know why, but did they come with little cards inside, like the adults ones. Just rings a bell.
But a can not remember the chocolate ones :oops:

I too hope my stay is long and I'm sure it will be a happy one.

All the best

Smudger
smudger07
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby RetiredUser2461 » Mon 08 Sep 2008, 7:16 pm

Kipperz i used to eat the paper on the choc cigs too!!! :D
RetiredUser2461
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions