[BC'd] Introductions: Tyza1971

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: [BC'd] Introductions: Tyza1971

Postby blzbub » Thu 04 Oct 2012, 9:02 am

Happy OAP birthday Tyza, I'll save a clutch of RPGs for yer, special like, on Friday :mguns:
blzbub
Gin Rummy Shark

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Thu 04 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

Happy OAP day Tyza :beer:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby tyza1971 » Sun 06 Oct 2013, 8:06 am

Well, here we are again! Another year older, another year more old and grumpy!

Its been a year of mixed feelings for me Playstation wise.

Low point: The news the Socom servers are being switched off in January. I've had lots of fun on Glee club and the Quads tournaments and I'll miss the Friday night banter. I've not been on in a while due to the High point...

High point: GTA5. This game is what I'd always wanted in a game since my very first computer games on the Vic20 (loading times are similar too :wink: ) I really hope they can sort the online element out. The prospect of being able to have death matches in the desert and city without re spawning is interesting.
If this is the height of what can be achieved with old hardware I'm excited for the thing I have mixed views on...

Mixed view point: PS4. To quote from Star Wars (just for you Phil :Y: ) "I sense a disturbance in the force, like several million PS3s being switched off simultaneously".
We've not experienced something so prone to split the community in two since the Cold front DLC pack came out. There will be a long period of haves and have nots. I think I'll be the latter for at least a year as I now have silly amounts of ganes I've barely scratched the surface on (Yes Hitman Absolution I'm looking at you on top of my cupboard of shame :oops: )

Anyway, enough senile rambling, I've left cakes on the table, help yourselves, and remember. It doesn't matter what you're playing, or on which machine:

Game on! :beer:
tyza1971
Incontinence Pants Wearer

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Sun 06 Oct 2013, 8:50 am

Nice post Tyza. On a positive note, I'm looking forward to more Friday night gaming with OAPs as I haven't got into SOCOM since my arrival (assuming you don't all go retro x-link etc)
ImageImage
Click Signature for OAPs participating in the "365 Trophies in 365 Days Challenge"
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby tyza1971 » Sun 06 Oct 2013, 9:15 am

FazerFlipper wrote:Nice post Tyza. On a positive note, I'm looking forward to more Friday night gaming with OAPs as I haven't got into SOCOM since my arrival (assuming you don't all go retro x-link etc)

Thanks Fazer, I've not gone the x link route, as my current set up would be far too complex for it to work solidly and I wouldn't want to mess up and spoil it for the others.

I'm hoping they can get gta online working nicely, as that would make for a good gaming world to hang out it, virtual strip club full of OAP s 8O

The mind boggles... :lol:
tyza1971

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Sun 06 Oct 2013, 10:29 am

Nice one Tyza, happy OAP day :beer:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby tyza1971 » Mon 06 Oct 2014, 6:45 am

Bloody hell!

Where did THAT year go to?

It feels like only yesterday I was celebrating my 5th OAP birthday and here I am at number 6! 8O

I know I'm still relatively new around here, but I can't remember a time I was not lucky enough to call myself an OAP (although to be fair that might actually be my age :oops: )

Gaming lows and highs?

Lows: Drive Club having been delayed for a year (although not much longer to wait now. Let's hope the wait was worth it!)
Highs: Whoops! I appear to have accidentally brought a PS4 :Y: (although technically it was my wife's birthday present, she's not even played Destiny which came with it. Lucky I was here to play it for her!)

Anyway, you know the score, cakes on table, help yer selves :beer:
tyza1971

Awards Cabinet

Postby HastaLaVista » Mon 06 Oct 2014, 8:08 am

Ahh, Monday 6th October. A black day for OAP :lol:

Happy Birthday Tyza :beer:
HastaLaVista
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Tue 07 Oct 2014, 12:30 am

Happy OAP day Tyza.

A couple of Birthday songs for ya!

Eyes Shut
I'ze got the eyes

;)
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby tyza1971 » Tue 06 Oct 2015, 2:51 pm

Oh well, you know the score by now, 7 years blah, blah. Cakes on the table etc :wink:

Gaming highlights of me in the past year? Has to be Project Cars for me (not everyone's cup of tea I understand, but if you play it correctly it feels as close as you'll get to a multi discipline racer on a PS4 for a while.)

Biggest Disappointment for me, would be (And this is controversial) Destiny! 8O I know it's a popular game with you collectors of shiny objects, and each to their own, but for me it got a bit samey really quickly and seems to heavily reward those who put the time into it, and severely punished the casual gamer (of which I count myself amongst) I traded in my copy for GTA V without a second thought, which although I don't play much, I enjoy for the casual pick up and play nature.

Coming highlights in the run up to Christmas. Only one really Star Wars Battlefront! (I really hope it lives up to the hype, I guess we'll find out pretty soon with the Beta starting Thursday) it looks like it could be the proper community game we are looking for (just as long as they allow parties). :Y:

MGS online is also on my radar as is Rainbow 6 siege, but I won't be shelling out full price for those games at the moment.
tyza1971

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Tue 06 Oct 2015, 11:34 pm

Happy OAP Bday Tyza mate!
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Moonbeam7891 » Wed 07 Oct 2015, 7:36 am

Congrats Tyza! :Y:
Moonbeam7891
Allotment Dweller

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Wed 07 Oct 2015, 8:31 am

Happy OAP day Tyza :beer:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby kaycee2011 » Sun 25 Oct 2015, 2:56 pm

Happy (belated) OAP day tyza!
kaycee2011
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby tyza1971 » Sat 06 Oct 2018, 5:52 am

Holy Crap!!! Where did those 10 years go?

Still alive and kicking, still waiting for a new Socom game for Friday nights...

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Ha ha, I thought it was a party hat!
tyza1971

Awards Cabinet

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions