[BC'd] I'm old and a little confused

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

[BC'd] I'm old and a little confused

Postby naking » Thu 21 May 2009, 8:41 am

Hi OAPs.

I'm new here, and interested in joining in with you. Being blessed, as I am, with a little OCD, I'm going to answer the questions you wanted answering in an application form sort of way.

History of yourself:
Did the school thing, but quit mid way through A levels through boredom. Got a job as a geek for a large multinational company, and I'm still there 20 years later. I'm vice-chair of governors for a local school (my penance for being a bit of a sh*t when I was there as a kid).

How you became aware of OAP:
Saw a link in Mulletino's sig on the official PS forums

Gaming history:
Had computers and consoles since I was a boy...
- Atari 2600
- Spectrum 16k * 48k
- Spectrum 128
- Atari STe
- Sega Megadrive
- Atari Lynx
- Nintendo 64
- PlayStation
- XBox
- PlayStation 2
- PSP
- PlayStation 3

Why you feel you are old enough to be an OAP?
Cos I feel old, and keep getting my ass handed to me on a plate by kids on FPS's

Do you have any colleagues in OAP who are willing to vouch for your maturity and fit into OAP ethos?
Nope

I am now available to answer your questions...

Kingus.
naking

Awards Cabinet

Postby clarkyspeaks » Thu 21 May 2009, 8:50 am

Morning naking

So interesting name to use, any reason behind it, your not like ocean are you and play in the buff :lol:

Anyway enough about that, I will let the Elders come along and give you the once over then hopefully the nurse will be along to give you a sponge bath soon.

Welcome and hope to see you online soon!!!

:D
clarkyspeaks
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby naking » Thu 21 May 2009, 9:18 am

clarkyspeaks wrote:
So interesting name to use, any reason behind it, your not like ocean are you and play in the buff :lol:

I think my 14 year old daughter would leave home if I started playing games in the buff. I'm embarassing enough, without adding nudity to the mix.
naking

Awards Cabinet

Postby TheNewSaint » Thu 21 May 2009, 9:34 am

Hi there. Are you American by any chance? Hence the naking and the kingus? Which of these two is your PSN? We like to keep forum names and PSN ids the same otherwise we get very confused, being old and decrepid and all that.

Nice intro there my good man. Looks like another worried father on our hands! Nice console selection there, but it would be lovely for you to talk us through some of your fave games then and now.

Others will be along to prod you shortly. Cheers :)
TheNewSaint
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby clarkyspeaks » Thu 21 May 2009, 9:48 am

naking wrote:
clarkyspeaks wrote:

I think my 14 year old daughter would leave home if I started playing games in the buff. I'm embarassing enough, without adding nudity to the mix.

Fair point!!!

:lol:
clarkyspeaks
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby naking » Thu 21 May 2009, 9:56 am

I am not American. naking is my PSN id. But for some reason, my mates (and a few non-gaming forums) know me as kingus.

To be honest, I'm not really all that worried (certainly not as worried as some parents of 14 year olds I know). She's a good girl, most of the time, and is very open with us - sometimes too open, there are some things I just don't want to hear about. I leave the worrying to the missus.

fave games: As a general rule of thumb, racing games are my favourite, FPSs my least favourite. I'm currently playing Quantum of Solace online, mainly because I enjoyed the story mode, and I quite fancy getting the platinum trophy. I do buy way too many games.

Current Gen faves - Ridge Racer 7, Burnout (post bike patch, pre flashing signs), Uncharted, Grid, Dirt, Prince of Persia, Out Run Online, all the Lego games, Everybodies Golf 2 on PSP, Buzz

Classic Faves - Duke Nukem 3d, Ridge Racer (original) Burnout, LMA Manager, FIFA, anything by Jeff Winter, Crazy Taxi, GTA III, Golden Eye.

First games I really obsessed about: Missile Command (Atari), Jet Pac (Speccy), Asteroids (arcade).
naking

Awards Cabinet

Postby HastaLaVista » Thu 21 May 2009, 10:13 am

TheNewSaint wrote:the naking and the kingus

Nice little anagram going on there. :wink:

Welcome, naking.
HastaLaVista
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby TheNewSaint » Thu 21 May 2009, 10:13 am

naking wrote:She's a good girl, most of the time, and is very open with us - sometimes too open, there are some things I just don't want to hear about. I leave the worrying to the missus.

As dad of two teenage daughters I can identify with that!

Nice games list. There is a regular Monday night Grid club at OAP, which I'm sure others will tell you more about. Burnout and Buzz are still popular too. Your classic faves certainly tick all my boxes.

Missile Command was one of the first arcade games to appear in my local (underage drinkers welcome) boozer. It was fun trying to rotate the 'red ball' when pissed.

Anyway, welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
TheNewSaint
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Acegadgets » Thu 21 May 2009, 12:04 pm

Hi Naking and welcome to the club.
We've had three new members this week who've got Burnout paradise down as a favorite game. If you , staticain and Djdunk fancy a getting to meet you kind of night on burnout , possibly saturday night then let me know, and pop me on your friends list . I'll probably set up a little game of burnout on saturday anyway as we aint played for a couple of weeks.
Acegadgets
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby naking » Thu 21 May 2009, 12:59 pm

Acegadgets wrote:Hi Naking and welcome to the club.
We've had three new members this week who've got Burnout paradise down as a favorite game. If you , staticain and Djdunk fancy a getting to meet you kind of night on burnout , possibly saturday night then let me know, and pop me on your friends list . I'll probably set up a little game of burnout on saturday anyway as we aint played for a couple of weeks.

Hi, thanks.

This Saturday is probably going to be a bit difficult, as we finally get Sky HD on Saturday, and I imagine the missus will be quite insistant we watch Bond on SBO HD.

What's the feeling on the boards towards the DLC for Burnout? I've hated lots of the recent stuff, so haven't bought it (inc Cops n robbers, which I've hread is actually quite good).
naking

Awards Cabinet

Postby Letchferrit » Thu 21 May 2009, 1:20 pm

Welcome Naking to our little (old folks) home in the gaming community.

The whole DLC thing is causing some issues tbh. Some people have gone and got the addons, whilst others (like myself) have held back for the most part. I tend to look at it for what its adding to the game, and paying for extra cars in a game that has got loads anyway, seems a bit silly to me, although I did buy the 8 ball pack for Grid. :lol:

Talking of which, if you want some racing, we have a regular Monday night outing on Grid, quite often having 2 rooms up due to the amount of people on. For the most part its good, clean, fun racing, but we do have the occasional incident. :lol:

Anyhoo, nice to meet you, see you online soon.
Letchferrit
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Acegadgets » Thu 21 May 2009, 1:57 pm

I've bought most of the burnout DLC, the legendary cars pack as I liked the hover car and I use the nitehawk all of the time. I just bought one toy car as it was a bit of fun for very little money for a few night, didn't bother with the boost specials , thought they were pushing it with the price on that one. Also splashed out for the cops and robbers which I reckon is a good idea for those who have recently got the game and want to catch up or keep up with old timers like me who've all of the cars. For me it adds another game mode to the game which i've always liked and I dont mind giving critereon a bit of my money as they've suported the game really well with a year of free urgrades, So its pay back time for criteren and I dont mind giving them a bit. The new island is a must buy for me, as its like getting a paradise 2. I probably wont buy any future car packs, but more areas after the island and more game modes would be on my shopping list.
Acegadgets
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby richie » Thu 21 May 2009, 2:27 pm

hi and welcome naking
to the best rest home for the old lades and gents 8)
richie
Cat Food Hoarder

Awards Cabinet

Postby P-Newson666 » Thu 21 May 2009, 4:40 pm

Hi and welcome to the OAP home. Enjoy your stay :D
P-Newson666
Bed Logger

Awards Cabinet

Postby RetiredUser2461 » Thu 21 May 2009, 8:44 pm

Hello Naking how the devil are you? :D
Do you have a favourite old t.v show that springs to mind?
Are you a trekkie or a jedi?
Do you like horror films?
Family guy or The Simpson's?
I won't bore you with any more questions coz' i'll get moaned at so that'll do for now! Catch you later Bats.
RetiredUser2461
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to Introductions