[BC'd] I'm old and a little confused

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Kate296 » Thu 21 May 2009, 9:15 pm

Hi fella

I see you're from my neck of the woods :D

naking wrote:as we finally get Sky HD on Saturday

What's your secret? We have been waiting months! Every 3 weeks or so we get a message saying it'll be another 3 months!! Bah!

The whole reason we went for HD was cos our Sky+ box is on it's last legs (after a year) I'm sure they put a self-destruct chip in there so that you have to upgrade. It's a conspiracy I tell ya, a conspiracy!

PS. errr...welcome :D
You will probably see me on Burnout, I usually have a tool around with Ace and the other OAPs on a Saturday. The Saturday night crowd also like to play Buzz now & again, too. :D
Kate296
Cat Food Hoarder

Awards Cabinet

Postby naking » Fri 22 May 2009, 7:25 am

battie2 wrote:Hello Naking how the devil are you? :D
Do you have a favourite old t.v show that springs to mind?
Are you a trekkie or a jedi?
Do you like horror films?
Family guy or The Simpson's?
I won't bore you with any more questions coz' i'll get moaned at so that'll do for now! Catch you later Bats.

Favourite Old TV Show: Seinfeld for recent old, 2 Ronnies for older old. And any kids show presented by Johnny Ball.

Trekkie or Jedi: Trek, I'm afraid (if all 6 SW films had been as good as IV an VI then I'd probably have said jedi).

Horror Films: Proper horror films - yes. The recent slash-fest gore efforts, no.

Family Guy or Simpsons: Tough call. Simpsons I think. Family Guy is absolute genius, but I think the Simpsons edges it.
naking

Awards Cabinet

Postby naking » Fri 22 May 2009, 7:30 am

Kate296 wrote:Hi fella

I see you're from my neck of the woods :D

naking wrote:as we finally get Sky HD on Saturday

What's your secret? We have been waiting months! Every 3 weeks or so we get a message saying it'll be another 3 months!! Bah!

The whole reason we went for HD was cos our Sky+ box is on it's last legs (after a year) I'm sure they put a self-destruct chip in there so that you have to upgrade. It's a conspiracy I tell ya, a conspiracy!

Hi Kate,

The secret was patience. Took about 3 months before they'd let me order, but once you do, they offer you date that its about a week away. Bit panicked now that I've got about 40 hours of unwatched stuff on my Sky+ box, that I'm going to lose.

Thanks for the welcome.
naking

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Thu 28 May 2009, 1:07 pm

naking wrote:Horror Films: Proper horror films - yes. The recent slash-fest gore efforts, no.

Is that as in Hammer House of Horrors or the old B&W ones like The Beast With Five Fingers? You can tell i'm not very up on my Horrors although I did used to read Scream comic and had Top Trump Horror Cards. :?
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby herman-jelmet » Thu 28 May 2009, 1:32 pm

I love Horror films, My dvd collection sports some Vincent price and THIS but i only paid £40 new
herman-jelmet
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby TheNewSaint » Thu 28 May 2009, 7:49 pm

herman-jelmet wrote:I love Horror films, My dvd collection sports some Vincent price and THIS but i only paid £40 new

Raquel Welch in 1M Years BC....drool....slurp....ug...ug...
TheNewSaint
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby vengance101 » Fri 29 May 2009, 8:22 am

Oh Battie, since when has anyone moaned at you for asking too many questions, well not on the thread i have read anyway. Bless! :roll:

I tend to ask a few myself so here we go. Please answer without thinking too deeply, subconcious answers are far more fun!

1) Favourite film with a car chase

2) Favourite transport (sports car/4x4/sensible family car/motorbike/hanglider wearing a black jump suit/roller skates)

3) If you was a star trek charachter which one would you be and why? (can be from any series or spin off apart from 'enterprise' which was rubbish - this is also a nerd test)

4) Favourite rock band starting with an L

5) Its your wifes/girlfirends/life partners birthday which you have forgotten totally. What do you get as a last minute gift on the way home from work? (actually i am just looking for ideas on this one in case it happens to me, so far so good fingers crossed)

6) If you were stuck in a lift with two celebs or historical figures from any time period, who would they be? Let ignore the casuality probs of talking to people from the past or future please (nerds i am looking at you lot)

7) If you had unlimited money so you didnt have to work for a living any more what would you do with your time (apart from play PS3 games of course)?

8) Have you recently claimed for anything dodgy on your expenses, such as a home extension, tickets to the strip club or a new ps3 game?

9) Are you likely to be the sort of OAP who a) nicks all the biscuits, b) blaims night time accidents on imginary residents of the home who break in and soil the matress while everyone else is asleep, or c) someone that just waffles on about how great things were in the 'good ole days' and how the yung uns are an absolute disgrace

Hope that wasnt too dull, i tend to be inquisitor on the new arrivals. Deep breath, you time starts now!

Vengance
vengance101
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Acegadgets » Fri 29 May 2009, 6:16 pm

Are you going to be getting the New island for Burnout in a couple of weeks? If you are be sure to add me to your friends , then you can pop in and explore the New island with the OAPS.
Acegadgets
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Nidana » Fri 29 May 2009, 6:37 pm

Feel free to add me for burnout giggles.
Nidana
Meals on Wheels Eater

Awards Cabinet

Postby naking » Mon 01 Jun 2009, 7:26 am

Mulletino wrote:
naking wrote:Horror Films: Proper horror films - yes. The recent slash-fest gore efforts, no.

Is that as in Hammer House of Horrors or the old B&W ones like The Beast With Five Fingers? You can tell i'm not very up on my Horrors although I did used to read Scream comic and had Top Trump Horror Cards. :?

I love old Hammer films and B&W ones. I don't know if you'd call The Sixth Sense horror, but that sort of film. Slashfests do nothing for me.
naking

Awards Cabinet

Postby vengance101 » Mon 01 Jun 2009, 7:39 am

oh dear, first newbie in 6 months not to answer the questions of doom straight away... i cant help but feel a little slighted by that

Vengance
vengance101
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby naking » Mon 01 Jun 2009, 8:00 am

@vengance101...

1) My favourite film with a car chase would have to be The Cannon Ball Run. I am a man of simple pleasures, and not much of a film snob.

2) My favourite form of transport... I do enjoy a train. Your examples seemed to ask for personal transport, and all of my cars of recent years have been 4 door saloons (currently a 407GT, previously a Passat).

3) If I could be any Star Trek character, I'd be Neelix. Mainly becase Kes was such a fox.

4) Racking my brains trying to think of a rock band beginning with an L... Level 42?

5) Last minute gift for wife... Jewellery from 24 hour Tesco

6) If I had to get stuck in a lift with anyone, I'm struggling to think of anyone to be stuck in a lift with... Kelly Brook (just because) and Hitler (to see peoples faces when he gets out).

7) If I had enough money to stop working, I'd like to do something that makes a difference to some people - drive for dial-a-ride, help out in a cancer charity shop. My work really isn't important to anyone, and when I think about it, it makes me feel empty inside. I'd like to be able to spend more time walking in the countryside, and on days like today, I'd just like to sit in the garden with a cold drink.

8) I don't ever remember claiming anything dodgey on expenses. I've spent a lot of time working in Amsterdam in the past, and I, sadly, think that all my expenses would hold up to close scrutiny - except maybe those few drinks in the Banana Bar.

9) I'd definately be the one hoovering up all the biscuits.

Phew. Some tough questions there.
naking

Awards Cabinet

Postby acnescar » Mon 01 Jun 2009, 8:31 am

Ahh the Banana Bar - Fond memories of 14 stoned adults gently backing up the stairs after the doormen had explained how much it was to get in and what exactly went on inside! 8O
acnescar
Gin Rummy Shark

Awards Cabinet

Postby oceanicwts » Mon 01 Jun 2009, 10:53 am

naking wrote:
clarkyspeaks wrote:
So interesting name to use, any reason behind it, your not like ocean are you and play in the buff :lol:

I think my 14 year old daughter would leave home if I started playing games in the buff. I'm embarassing enough, without adding nudity to the mix.

Welcome to the site Naking :D yep i'm the sites Naked Gamer, i'm naked at the moment actually, good job too as its hot today :lol:
oceanicwts
Cat Food Hoarder

Awards Cabinet

Postby naking » Mon 01 Jun 2009, 3:34 pm

oceanicwts wrote:Welcome to the site Naking :D yep i'm the sites Naked Gamer, i'm naked at the moment actually, good job too as its hot today :lol:

<checks oceanicwts profile before making big pistol joke>

<remembers not to play Burnout online with oceanicwts for fear of mug/smug shots>

:D

Thanks for the welcome.
naking

Awards Cabinet

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions