[BC'd]Hello

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

[BC'd]Hello

Postby Bondalike » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 5:06 pm

Hi All,

I saw a link to your site in a thread on the Playstation forums, and like what I see.

My names David, I am 39 and love playing games, although I am getting worse at them the older I get! I have been playing since the early 80's (in the chip shop), and have owned a BBC Micro, Mega Drive, Playstation, N64, PS2, PS3 and Wii. (I tell everyone the Wii is for my youngest!)

I live in Kent on the borders with SE London, and all my old gaming chums have fallen by the wayside due to age/wives/kids and any other excuse they can think of and I am looking for some people to play online with.

I keep losing count, so I hope that's 150 words,

Cheerio for now.
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Acegadgets » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 5:27 pm

Hi David, Welcome to the Old gamers safe haven.
Most of us here are a bit crap at gaming and generally try to play with other OAPs rather than the Great Unwashed (GU as we call them) spotty teenagers that kick our arses.
Most forums that you go to give you a username and a password and say, hey there you go now you are a member.
The OAPs are a little different , we ask you all kinds of stuff for a few weeks, see what kind of games you like, find out what you are like, and if you still want to join up after all the prodding and poking you get a key to the Bowling club which enables you see and post on all of the site, and boy there is a lot of stuff here , eight years full of interesting stuff to look through.
So there you go a bit more about us. as for you:-
What games have you bought this year, what's been your favorite alltime single player and multiplayer game over recent years and join how often do you get online?
Acegadgets
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Wilks » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 5:45 pm

Hi Bond.
Welcome to OAPs :D

Glad you seen us in the Playstation forums. We really need to poke that place a little more to wake up the thread. It's very lively here at the moment with all these great games being released.

What games are you currently playing?
Wilks
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby widnesboy » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:12 pm

more importantly what was the game in the chippy?

tell me it was frogger... or asteroids....

how long exactly could you go on one 10p?

We have a couple of kentishmen in here, we just call them 'Kents' (or something vaguely similar), at least 2 in Gravesend, which they assure is is the poshest bit of the county.

welcome in, pull up a poof, and warm your slippers by the fire. If you want anyone, we canall probably be found on battlefield 3 right now.
widnesboy
Bad Ass Midget

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:39 pm

Ha Ha, got your priorities right widnesboy! I'm sure it was Galaxians in the chippy, but my memory isn't what it used to be. I can remember me and some mates lasting for ages on 4 player Guantlet in the arcade though!

Games I've bought this year are Battlefield 3 (this week), Fifa 11, Black Ops, Arkham Asylum (bit late I know), Red Dead Redemption, GT5, various minis and some Lego games (to play with my son). I have mostly been playing Battlefield 1943 recently, and that is probably my favourite of recent times. Got to say that Goldeneye for the N64 is my all time favourite. I bought a console just to play that, and told my wife it was for my Daughter as she loved Mario! :wink:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Sav » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:53 pm

Gravo is like well posh and that's a fact innit.

Welcome :D
Not watching any football since whenever.
Sav
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Jonah » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 7:42 pm

I won't let the fact that you come from the Garden of England (covered in 'orse shit) stop me from welcoming you Bondy.

Ahh Galaxian. Our Chippy had Pheonix. Frickin' game....

"Can I go and get some chips Mum" knowing full well I'd come back starving and having to pretend I'd eaten them on the way home.

She knew, she bloody knew....

Welcome. :)
Last edited by Jonah on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Croftona » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:53 pm

Jonah wrote:"Can I go and get some chips Mum" knowing full well I'd come back starving and having to pretend I'd eaten them on the way home.

And that was last week :wink:

Ahhh Mr Bond, we've been expecting you.. (how has nobody used that line yet?)

Great time to show up cos as the wee man said, loads of us are on BF3 every night right now, also, its never too late to buy Arkham Asylum, one of the best games on the console if you ask me, however Arkham City knocks it into a cocked hat (where does that saying originate from?).

BF3 is your best bet for getting to know some of us right now though, come come Mr Bond, you enjoy killing people just as much as I do....
Croftona
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby shadstah » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:09 pm

Sav wrote:Gravo is like well posh and that's a fact innit.

So you're really Vicky Pollard in disguise? :lol:

Welcome to OAP Bondalike :)

Hope you find the resident nutters amusing as I certainly do... wait, I'm a resident, dammit :(

Hope you enjoy the stay an hopefully catch up with you online soon:)
shadstah
Meals on Wheels Eater

Awards Cabinet

Postby Watty » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 9:31 pm

Hello Bondalike.

I guess you're well into James Bond stuff then with a name like that and Goldeneye being your favourite game.

What other games have you got for the PS3? Is it all shooters or do you like to have a drive now and then?

How thick is the dust layer on your PSP and how many games are decaying on your shelf of shame?

I'm glad it wasn't Asteroids you wasted your chippy money on 'cos that's for losers. Now if it was Pacman or Space Invaders I'd have some serious respect for you. Of course when I used to go to the chippy for my mum the most advanced piece of electronics in there was the fly killer!
Pacman hi-score 152860. Space Invaders hi-score 424620
Watty
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 11:44 pm

Croftona wrote:Ahhh Mr Bond, we've been expecting you.. (how has nobody used that line yet?)

King Croftona, you haven't got a fluffy white cat have you?

And Watty, I do play GT5, but never online so far.

Thanks everyone for the welcome, and I'd love to shoot you all ingame, but I'm not sure how to get into a game with you. My PSN ID is also Bondalike so you can add me? I chose that ID because of the game Goldeneye.
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Peejers » Fri 04 Nov 2011, 11:58 pm

welcome mr bond,
you have now been granted proby status which should allow you to see a little more. You are encouraged to join in, both in the forums and online. There are regular Sunday night dodgy driving events that you should steer clear of (see what I did there?).
Peejers
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby ciclouseau » Sat 05 Nov 2011, 2:26 am

Good evening Bondalike, Welcome.

Perhaps I could suggest an Italian car on your next assignment.... economicalike -cic

ciclouseau
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Sat 05 Nov 2011, 2:52 am

Nice one ciclouseau, I first thought that was Darth Vader driving, but then realised what film that pic is from. You calling me a monkey? :lol:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Wilks » Sat 05 Nov 2011, 6:53 am

There are many of us playing Battlefield at the moment Bond so chuck a few friend invites and join in if you wish :D

'Battlefield Sundays' are popular but every day is Battlefield at the moment :D
Wilks
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to Introductions