[BC'd] Here I am...

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

[BC'd] Here I am...

Postby LastRytes » Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:25 pm

Hello everyone, I'm LastRytes. I'm a 30 year old who enjoys playing games. My main games at the minute are Battlefield3 and Football Manager. I have played games for the vast majority of my life and I feel that my generation sort of grew up alongside games. We saw the meteoric rise of games and were a part of that from the ground floor up.
I discovered this group whilst playing BF3 and had one of the members in my squad (devon157). I was intrigued and decided to look it up. I did actually start my own Platoon and clan ( including clan website ), but I only managed to get 4 people to join!!!!
I like to play the recon class soldier in BF3, and like to communicate via headset. I have a small set of friends that play with me and we enjoy playing as a squad.

I work full time and so I find my time is somewhat restricted, but I would be more than happy to play more games. ( Not sure the missus would appreciate it though ).

Anyway, I am LastRytes, please be gentle with me, I promise I'll be good... :D
LastRytes
Colostomy Bag Carrier

Awards Cabinet

Re: Here I am...

Postby sugarmoma666 » Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:44 pm

Evening LastRytes and welcome. Nice name - where did it come from?

What was your platoon called and what have you done with the other 4?

BF3 still has a good following around here, although some of the regulars are currently a bit preoccupied by BL2. What game modes / maps do you like best?

SM
sugarmoma666
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby GooeyCrap » Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:59 pm

Hello LastRytes from across the big puddle and welcome to the site.

Coffee, tea , soda or beer?

What is your favorite cake or pie ?

What do you like to munch on when you on BF3 ? This is so we know what to listen for.

I haven't been on BF3 for a while but shoot me a friend request. My ID are below.

Hope to see, be shot or blown up by you.

Are you planning on getting BLOPS2 ?

TTFN
GooeyCrap
Meals on Wheels Eater

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Thu 01 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

What's going on, why are all the old folk shuffling out the back door on their zimmers?

What's that? The grim reaper has arrived? :lol:

Welcome to the old folks home LastRytes.

We like to get a bit nostalgic round here, and any excuse to argue about whether Sonic or Mario was the best comes in handy, so tell us what your first games machine was and who would win a scrap between a speedy hedgehog and an overwieght plumber? :wink:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Wilks » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 2:52 am

Hi Rytes and welcome to our home.

We're just entered the busy gaming season so what other games are you playing? Are you looking forward to the new 'Aftermath' DLC for BF3? We have a Battlefield evening this coming Sunday on the OAP server. You may want to pop along. :D
Wilks
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 7:23 am

Good morning Last (around here you need to be really slow and pretty crap to be last, but there you go, congratulations).

As others have said, Battlefield has taken a bit of a back burner for some OAP'S after many of us hermed it (apparently that's what the kidz say, and if you need to look it up it would help your application).

So let us know what you think is going to be the next big game. We are looking forward to custom game modes in BLOPS 2 and Grid 2, not to mention today's release of NFSMW (although one lucky OAP received his copy early, only to leave it in work in true OAP fashion).

The great thing about OAP is that you might have come looking for a BF3 clan (which we are not), but you have found the best community of older gamers, so hang about and get involved.

See you on Sunday?
ImageImage
Click Signature for OAPs participating in the "365 Trophies in 365 Days Challenge"
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby roger947 » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 8:26 am

Well hello and welcome to the best mature community on the web (that's us by the way)

As others have stated, BF3 is very popular around here but it does seem to have taken a back seat recently to some of the newer releases such as BL2, fifa etc. Having said that we do have regular battlefield sunday events so if you'd like to get to know some of the other members try and join us this weekend.
Comms are a must though, as much as we like playing the games they are only part of what makes the evenings so enjoyable, banter is just as important to us and in many ways compensates for the hammerings that we usually take :D

Right! enough about battlefield, what other games do you play?
A few of us are quite excited about blops 2 ( me included ) though not so much for the online part of the game playing with randoms, but more for the custom game modes that you can set up for you and your mates. :D

Anyway, enjoy your stay :Y:
roger947
Gum Gnasher

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 9:34 am

Hi LastRytes. Welcome to the bit of the Internet that smells of stale wee.

I've just got AC3 so will be doing all of my kills silently, from behind and with a little, hard pokey thing. After that I might play some AC3 :)

Am I getting old when people 10 years younger than me describe gaming as core to their generation? I played on Acorns, Dragons, Vic 20s and ZX81s! You don't get more core!
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby LastRytes » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:07 pm

@Sugarmoma666 - How do SM? My name should have been spelled Last Rites but it was already taken :(
I wanted something cool for when people saw on the killcam who had done them in!!!

My Platoon (SouleatersUK or [SUK])is still alive and... well... limping really. Still 3 of us involved (all a similar age).
I'll be honest, I'm a conquest type of guy really, and a Recon soldier to boot. One shot, one kill... is the aim. Noshahr Canals is my favourite at the moment but I also like Metro and Caspian Border.

@GooeyCrap - Coffee, Banoffee pie, Anything, Will send a friend request over as soon as I'm back on pal. If I don't have a senior moment in between. You see, I have Alzheimers but at least I don't have Alzheimers :mrgreen:
Where can I get a signature like yours. I had one from BF3sig generator via Enjin but I cant use it on here?

@Bondalike - My 1st games machine was an Atari 2600 or an Amstrad (green screen) I remember the Atari games. They were the proverbial hook that got me. Battletanks was my favourite.

The grim reaper indeed, always had an affinity towards the character, especially the Discworld incarnation. SPEAKS IN CAPITALS!!!!

Sonic wins all day long!! Mario was just some punk living off the back of an awesome Gorilla that kidnapped some lass for himself. Sonic could turn into Supersonic!!!

@Wilks - Yeah I'll be on on Sunday, I have the day off, I work a lot of sundays but it turned out well this weekend for me. I have a headset too so I'll be communicating also. Aftermath looks cool to be honest. I wasn't completely taken by Armored Kill, and haven't really bothered with it, but it seems to have gone "back to normal" with the new DLC.. Yay!!

@Fazerflipper - Hermed!?!?! I'll be honest, I don't know and I'm not going to look it up. My newest game, which I bought around half an hour ago, is the gaming equivalent of crack cocaine.. Football Manager 2013. Otherwise known as "Relationship Killer" or as my missus calls it when I'm bored and complaining I have no games that I'm interested in "Old faithful".

@Roger947 - Thanks for the welcome pal. It seems very good here already. Had a great welcome so far, just need to get in on it on sunday so I can meet "face to face"!!

@DaddyR - I traded FIFA 13 to get AC3. Just learned how to hunt and set traps and now my lad has taken it to his room and I'm not sure when I'll get it back but at least I have BF3 and no FM13 to go at. Big fan of the AC series though.. and a bit of history in there too which is exactly how old I am. I like history!! :grandpa:
Last edited by LastRytes on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LastRytes
Colostomy Bag Carrier

Awards Cabinet

Postby GeoGecko » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:33 pm

Servus LastRytes.

Funny coincidence: I was also a member of clan called Souleaters. But that was in Germany at the time of Unreal Tournament. The original one from 1999.... 13 years ago. Dang it, I'm getting old.

Anyway...Welcome to this noble community! So have a seat and take a coffee... :Y:

Cheers
Geo

(Caution: If it's your turn of nursing: the blue pills are for the elders only!)
Besser haben, als brauchen!!
GeoGecko
Tepid Tea Drinker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:44 pm

Hello again LastRytes

Your name has turned green which means you are now a Proby, and should be able to see a little more of our lovely home.

So have a nose around, get involved as much as you can, and get to know some of the folk around here. The events section should give you the oppourtunity to find some games to join in with and do just that.
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby LastRytes » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:45 pm

Hey Geo, thanks man. How can I get a sig like yours?

I've read about the German Souleaters. Sadly, we were never that big!!

@ Bondalike - Hey again. Will do. just trying to get FM up and running though. Bloody Steam. As one of my Platoons motto's goes "Making simple things complicated"
LastRytes
Colostomy Bag Carrier

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:54 pm

Last, just use the following in you sig settings of the control panel
replace { } with [ ]
{url=http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/LastRytes}{img}http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/o14iHclT/LastRytes.png{/img}{/url}

There is an Old Age Probationers Platoon. search for it on Battlelog,and feel free to sport the [PRB] tag in Battlefield, so that us old guys can remember you are a friendly Proby. :y:
ImageImage
Click Signature for OAPs participating in the "365 Trophies in 365 Days Challenge"
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby GeoGecko » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:56 pm

Aloha :)

You can add them in your profile now.

User Control Panel -> profile -> edit signature
there: add banners from bf3stats.com
like:
>url=http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/GeoGecko]>img]http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/OAPPremium/GeoGecko.png[/img<[/url< (exchange the > < with [ ] )

at bf3stats.com you will find a proby banner from OAP (just do the search).

Cheers
Geo
Last edited by GeoGecko on Fri 02 Nov 2012, 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GeoGecko
Tepid Tea Drinker

Awards Cabinet

Postby GeoGecko » Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:57 pm

Dang it! Faze did it first :)
GeoGecko
Tepid Tea Drinker

Awards Cabinet

Next