Intentionally Blank

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Intentionally Blank

Postby Plaxinator » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 10:55 am

Hello all. I'm not looking to join the OAPs as I'm in another gaming group (having originally started off in HoPE gaming with Wilks' better half), but I regularly play with a few of the OAPs so I thought I'd pop over and say hello. I thought it only polite being as I murder most of them on the battlefield quite regularly.

I'm another one from the Welsh contingent, but from the better half - I'm from North Wales, although I did wander down to Swansea for 3 years. It's rude to ask a lady her age but I shall say I'm old, but not that old (code for not quite on the wrong side of 40 yet). I'm not married but have managed to keep the same boyfriend for the last 11 years (he's not a gamer - I have tried).

Obviously it goes without saying that one of my hobbies is gaming. It all started with a Commodore 16, followed by a Commodore 64 (which I still have gathering dust somewhere) and a Sega Master System. I didn't get a PS1, but when I was at University I turned into a bit of a PC gamer (point and click adventures would tempt me away from doing any coursework). I did get a PS2 (Gran Turismo 4, Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Max Payne 2 being the favourites).

In 2008, as a birthday treat to myself I bought a PS3, but didn't actually go online until around the latter half of 2009 (When I discovered they had invented internet that wasn't dial up and it had actually made it to my part of Wales - still waiting for mains gas, but you can't have everything). When I discovered they had introduced trophy support to games and multiplayer gaming was awesome, the rest as they say is history. It goes without saying that I now have a PS4 (I waited in a queue on release day and everything!).

I'm a big fan of the Battlefield franchise - My favourite game of all time has to be Battlefield Bad Company 2. I can currently be found wandering the fields of Battlefield 1 shouting "please don't kill me" (nobody bloody listens). I'm also a big Destiny addict, and pretty much only played that at one point. Battlefield 1 has stolen me away though so my Destiny days are few and far between at the moment. I'm also quite looking forward to when they release the next Gran Turismo game on the PS4. Hopefully this will be before I get alzheimers.

Other than gaming my hobbies include drinking wine. I've not tried to get my boyfriend into drinking wine as that would mean less wine for me. I have a share in the Wine Society, that's how much I like drinking wine.

The End.
Plaxinator
Allotment Dweller

Awards Cabinet

Re: Intentionally Blank

Postby Bondalike » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 11:56 am

Hi Plax, welcome to our official home.

OAP changed quite a while ago, being a member of another gaming community doesn't mean you can't pop in and post here from time to time, so if you do want to be added to the list let us know.

Catch you on the battlefield soon :Y:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Boba UK » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 12:01 pm

Hi Plax, it was good to get killed by you / kill you / meet you on BF1 the other day. I agree that BFBC2 was the pinnacle of the Battlefield games so far - I loved that game. Haven't been on too much in the last week or so due to RL but I'm dying* to get back to it.

*see what I did there
Boba UK
Support Stockings Wearer

Awards Cabinet

Postby Plaxinator » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 12:22 pm

Bondalike wrote:Hi Plax, welcome to our official home.

OAP changed quite a while ago, being a member of another gaming community doesn't mean you can't pop in and post here from time to time, so if you do want to be added to the list let us know.

Catch you on the battlefield soon :Y:

I wouldn't mind being added to the list, but you might regret letting me through the door :lol:
Plaxinator
Allotment Dweller

Awards Cabinet

Postby Alpine_Atum » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 1:10 pm

Welcome Plaxinator. Nice of you to drop by and introduce yourself. North Wales is one of my favourite parts of the world. Beautiful place, I have many fond memories of days out in Wales as a kid and as an adult I enjoyed many driving excursions with various car clubs I was in. :D My Nan was Welsh too! :Y:
PSN: Alpine_Atum

Alpine_Atum
Trolley Trundler

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:14 pm

Plaxinator wrote:I wouldn't mind being added to the list, but you might regret letting me through the door :lol:

Done. As long as you don't nick the silver we'll be grand :wink:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Wilks » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:46 pm

Hi Plax and welcome. Good intro there and probably time to dig out my 'What you drinking this Christmas post' :D
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27320
Wilks
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Plaxinator » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 4:01 pm

Cheers all for the welcomes so far. I promise not to nick the silver, but can't guarantee I won't eat all the chocolates.
Plaxinator
Allotment Dweller

Awards Cabinet

Postby citizen_fish » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 7:03 pm

Atum wrote: North Wales is one of my favourite parts of the world.

You must have drove through deeside at one point :lol:

anyway

welcome plax matey :Y:
citizen_fish
Trolley Trundler

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 10:41 pm

Hiya Plax. I'm often in Swansea. That is all.
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Thu 24 Nov 2016, 11:09 pm

Howdy, shame to see the old commie gathering dust, fancy sending it to Australia to someone who would lick the dust off and hug it and kiss it and call it George? ;)

I had a C128 back in the day but also had a C64 in the late 90s with a heap of games and a 1541 and a CBM monitor, but sold it all due to lack of space. :(

Welcome to the old folk's home. We have cakes, Kendal's Mint Cakes.
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby kaycee2011 » Fri 25 Nov 2016, 12:48 am

Welcome Plax! Ive enjoyed our few games on the Battlefield...heres to many more! xx
kaycee2011
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Saltyballz81 » Fri 25 Nov 2016, 2:20 am

Added. :twisted:
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby TalllPaul » Fri 25 Nov 2016, 6:24 am

Hello, welcome :D
Twitter: @TallPaul_ Youtube: TalllPaul2011 PSN: TalllPaul
TalllPaul
Tepid Tea Drinker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Plaxinator » Fri 25 Nov 2016, 7:31 am

Saltyballz81 wrote:Added. :twisted:

Is that how you look when I tea bag you?
Plaxinator
Allotment Dweller

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to Introductions