Switch to full style
New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.
Post a reply

New joiner (Andy-El_Loco)

Wed 31 Oct 2018, 3:44 pm

Hi everyone, just joining after a recommendation about the group :-)

Been playing games since the original pong as a kid and a wasted youth playing space invaders! although I like to still think I'm only 21 - Hopefully this wont get me kicked off the group already

recently got me a PS4Pro and mainly playing SW BF2 and the Tomb raider series.

Starting to look around for folks to group up with and recommendations for other games to get into

Cheers
Andy

Re: New joiner (Andy-El_Loco)

Wed 31 Oct 2018, 6:20 pm

Greetings Andy, @Solo-Nite organises a regular Star Wars bash so if it wasn't him that pointed you this way then do give him a shout. :)

Wed 31 Oct 2018, 7:08 pm

Welcome Andy! I also started off on pong ...and am also 21!
*cough*

Wed 31 Oct 2018, 9:36 pm

Welcome Andy, thanks for persevering with our broken registration process.

Wed 31 Oct 2018, 10:45 pm

Hi Andy, welcome to OAP. So what other consoles have you owned in the past, (and with a name like El Loco why aren't you playing Red Dead Redemption 2)? :Y:

Thu 01 Nov 2018, 1:32 am

Welcome to OAP mate. If you like flying in SWBF2 let me know, best mode in it.

Thu 01 Nov 2018, 8:20 am

Welcome to OAP Andy!

Thu 01 Nov 2018, 9:06 am

Thanks for the welcomes :-)

I had several Atari consoles/computers and messed about with PS2/PS3 but never really had much time - but now our daughter has gone to Uni I've invested in the PS4 and doing some serious catching up :-)

RDR2 is on my radar but just clearing out the Tomb Raider series first - with all the talk on that though I suspect I'll get it sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the heads up about @Solo-Nite, I'll drop him a line as I;m looking to start grouping up on BF2

@Andes_Attack was the one that pointed me in this direction - Many thanks to them :-)

Thu 01 Nov 2018, 9:07 am

Quick P.S. Still have an Atari console in the loft with some games - must get it out and give it a go

Thu 01 Nov 2018, 9:28 am

Saltyballz81 wrote:Welcome to OAP mate. If you like flying in SWBF2 let me know, best mode in it.

Happy to give it a go, I love GA the most but more than happy to have a fly around and shoot a few things

Fri 02 Nov 2018, 12:42 am

Andy-El_Loco wrote:Quick P.S. Still have an Atari console in the loft with some games - must get it out and give it a go

or send it to me! ;)

Coincidentally my original PC gaming tag was Loco, well something like "Loco== -=o -=o" as I allegedly looked like Huey Morgan and played paintball (those are supposed to be paintballs). However my (then) clan mates decided that it should be changed and gave me the gamer tag I still use today (except on XBL as it was taken by some scum).

Pull up a chair, or a horse if you're getting into RDR2, which I always read as R2D2......

Fri 02 Nov 2018, 5:19 pm

Thanks @Mulletino - I think I will have to get RDR2 v soon as everyone is telling me I should (I don't want to miss out and peer pressure is strong on this one - that's my really vague link to your Star Wars reference :roll:

Fri 02 Nov 2018, 6:14 pm

Always give in to peer pressure.

And welcome by the way.

Sat 03 Nov 2018, 1:57 pm

LoL.

Tue 06 Nov 2018, 9:45 am

Hi Andy. Don't play the old Atari, it will only disappoint you.
Post a reply