Switch to full style
New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.
Post a reply

You lucky people

Sat 17 Nov 2018, 9:17 pm

Hi, I'm a 50 summat year old hippy who rides a motorbike and plays games, I heard about you old gits from my partner who is already a member. About 6 years ago she said I should join ( but I was way too young) but now my trigger finger has atheritis and my eyesight isn't what it was so here I am. I like to play shooter games but am rubbish at them at the moment I am playing Destiny and of course Fallout 76. I have been playing games from the year dot when I had a ZX81 with a whopping 1kb of memory, how things have changed. I now have a PS4 with vr and more memory than me! My user name on playstation is licclehippy feel free to add me and play some games or not I really don't care but I promised my therapist I would be more social so that's about it, now pass the beer

Re: You lucky people

Sat 17 Nov 2018, 11:39 pm

Hi liccle, welcome!
What consoles did you play inbetween the zx & ps4?

Sun 18 Nov 2018, 12:09 am

Spectrum, commodore64, Atari, xbox360, xbox1 ps4

Sun 18 Nov 2018, 8:56 am

Zx81 - nice. I remember them but was always on the side of Atari.

Sun 18 Nov 2018, 7:44 pm

Welcome hippy, hope you enjoy the place.

Sun 18 Nov 2018, 10:16 pm

Hi licky, welcome to OAP.

Mon 19 Nov 2018, 12:28 am

Ah the wobbly RAM pack! I never had a ZX81 (went straight onto the speccy) but a mate did as did one of our teachers who brought it in to show us a simulation of animals.

PSVR is a giant leap from those days, I can't imagine i'd have the patience to type in a program listing nowadays!

Mon 19 Nov 2018, 10:48 pm

Remember what you could do with 1K - lol

Tue 20 Nov 2018, 2:33 pm

Get a haircut ya hippy!

Fri 23 Nov 2018, 8:16 pm

Whose your partner?

Hippy = Neil.

"Neil, have you made your bed?"

"No Mum, I bought it like everyone else."