Older but not Wiser

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Older but not Wiser

Postby Echo » Thu 26 Nov 2020, 6:41 pm

Hay Everyone,

I was clearing out some old passwords in my google account and came across this place again!
It's been such a long time since I was here, I got caught up in real life and all the crap that comes with that.
Anyway I still see a few players online occasionally but only in Modern Warfare. I never was that active in the forum, but I realised that its been over 13 years :grandpa: , and I still have a t-shirt :lol: I still Play Warzone, a lot...

None of my Sig's work, I've lost all of my awards - I don't know if OAP Black or any of the other colours are still on, of if you guys still have the regular game meet ups?

So whats happening? I know i've missed a lot!

OAP Echo
Echo
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Re: Older but not Wiser

Postby Mulletino » Fri 27 Nov 2020, 12:04 am

I knew the forums were getting sparse but now there's an echo in here!

Howdy, welcome back!

The teams are long gone and the friends list of modern consoles and social media has kinda killed forums somewhat but some of us are still here. I believe there are a fair few OAPs playing Warzone, I play it on the dark side though, and turn off "Cross-play" in multiplayer to keep away from those cheaty point and click PC wankers.

I still have a couple of OAP shirts too, i miss the old days of OAP meets in the pubs in laaaaandaaaaaan too. I guess living overseas doesn't help, nevermind this Cortana Virus thing!

No doubt some more local people (as in timezone, not pig nosed wierdos from a village) will turn up soon to have a chinwag.
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby c00ke5ter » Fri 27 Nov 2020, 11:19 am

Hello! Also popping my head round the door so great to see another member of the ol’ OAP Black crew.

Like you, have been lost on the winds for a while - still OAPlaystationing, got my PS5, just enjoying astro so far.

My oap shirt is relegated to the “well, I can sleep in it” collection these days, but still gives me that warm feeling (no, my bag does not need changing - thanks for asking!)

Great to see some familiar names in these parts and on my friends list.

(No doubt sigs have gone, so for those who lived through the PS2 glory days, I was Tavia longer than Cookester!)
Ian
(the muppet formerly known as Tavia)
c00ke5ter
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby Peejers » Fri 27 Nov 2020, 9:00 pm

Welcome back,
Actually your awards are there on the right hand side under your name . Click awards cabinet and they will magically appear.
Peejers
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Echo » Sat 28 Nov 2020, 9:46 am

c00ke5ter wrote:Hello! Also popping my head round the door so great to see another member of the ol’ OAP Black crew.

Like you, have been lost on the winds for a while - still OAPlaystationing, got my PS5, just enjoying astro so far.

My oap shirt is relegated to the “well, I can sleep in it” collection these days, but still gives me that warm feeling (no, my bag does not need changing - thanks for asking!)

Great to see some familiar names in these parts and on my friends list.

(No doubt sigs have gone, so for those who lived through the PS2 glory days, I was Tavia longer than Cookester!)

Hay c00key!!! the PS2 Glory days - Socom - and ill see you in the dead zone :lol:
Does anyone still organise games now? are there many of the old guys or the elders who still plan stuff out?
With the PS5 being released I was wondering if (when I can get my hands on one) if a little bash on some of the old games might be in order? Sunday drivers Hardware or Battlefront or something?
Echo
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby Echo » Sat 28 Nov 2020, 9:48 am

Peejers wrote:Welcome back,
Actually your awards are there on the right hand side under your name . Click awards cabinet and they will magically appear.

Hay Peejers ! So they do, I used to see them below the Sig's but i can imagine space for some of the pro's would have needed pages lol
Echo
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby Echo » Sat 28 Nov 2020, 9:55 am

Mulletino wrote:I knew the forums were getting sparse but now there's an echo in here!

Howdy, welcome back!

The teams are long gone and the friends list of modern consoles and social media has kinda killed forums somewhat but some of us are still here. I believe there are a fair few OAPs playing Warzone, I play it on the dark side though, and turn off "Cross-play" in multiplayer to keep away from those cheaty point and click PC wankers.

I still have a couple of OAP shirts too, i miss the old days of OAP meets in the pubs in laaaaandaaaaaan too. I guess living overseas doesn't help, nevermind this Cortana Virus thing!

No doubt some more local people (as in timezone, not pig nosed wierdos from a village) will turn up soon to have a chinwag.

There has always been a Echo in here! lol not only me! Nursey with the Med's or having to empty a Colostomy bag :rofl:

Such a shame I miss the days of
Black
Purple rinse
Ghost white
Now whats was the other one???

What games are people playing now? is there some other way everyone gets together now? Facebook group or such?
Echo
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby HastaLaVista » Mon 30 Nov 2020, 10:34 pm

Echo wrote:
Mulletino wrote:I knew the forums were getting sparse but now there's an echo in here!

Howdy, welcome back!

There has always been a Echo in here! lol not only me! Nursey with the Med's or having to empty a Colostomy bag :rofl:

Such a shame I miss the days of
Black
Purple rinse
Ghost white
Now whats was the other one???

What games are people playing now? is there some other way everyone gets together now? Facebook group or such?

Nice to see you Echo! The other lot were Red!

#PurpletilIdye :wink:
HastaLaVista
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Thu 17 Dec 2020, 8:48 pm

Hi Echo. We're all modern. There's a Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/oldagep ... ?ref=share and a Discord channel thing that I've no idea how to share (maybe search on here). They're busier than here. I guess that's progress!
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby TehRadge » Fri 18 Dec 2020, 4:53 am

Check my signature for info on Discord
Join the [OAP] Discord server.
TehRadge
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Return to Introductions