Love, hugs, headshots and takedowns...

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mane » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 2:54 pm

Needa3 wrote:

Somethings definity wrong with you martok. you even eat and drink those funny klingon stuff.

Man, you're in a galaxy far far away

seriously? Martok has Blood Wine and Gagh? I'll bet he knows all the Klingon drinking songs and has a Batleth built into his zimmer...

Thanks for making me so welcome - I think I am going to like it here.

I did watch Battlestar Galactica and it is a complete travesty - although I did enjoy it. The new Baltar/Cylon relationship is an improvement but where is the firing down the launch tube in a viper sequence? And Starbuck as a girl does actually work, but Boomer is dreadful - even if she is a Cylon. I'll give it a few more shows before I decide.
Tonight I'll not only be watching MacGyver In Space and Atlantis but recording them for friends out of the country - both series look to be shaping up nicely - I even heard the lovely Claudia Black will be in MacGyver In Space this year. Mmmmm.

Glad to know that other people have heard of Sky Odyssey - I love a relaxed flying session but it is much funnier to put my mate Tragic in control, he leans into bends when playing GT but Sky Odyssey makes him move about so much he falls out of chairs!

As for Battlefront, I wanted it - drive speeder bikes, use thermal detonators, snipe ewoks, all to THAT music - who wouldn't? But after reading about all the problems with it I thought it best to wait and see if it becomes the game it should be.

Oh and what is LLAP?
I remember a computer virus called llap, and I vaguely recall Llap-Goch the welsh martial art, and I know it is also something to do with the Kosovo Liberation army. But none of those seem to fit the context, I looked it up on that urban dictionary but it gave me nothing.

It is nice to meet you all, I look forward to being shot or beaten by most of you in the near future.
Thanks again for the convivial reception,
Mane.
Mane
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Yakker » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 3:04 pm

Purple have an S2 session on Thursday evening on the Norge Server- come along and say hello

assuming you can get to the passwords hidden inside the Bowling Club by then

come on RT - what you waiting on - the elders still deciding ? Star Trek isnt that bad - not compared to ...to..... to... -nope - you got me - its bad :D

I'll be in the [deadzone / graveltrap] if you need me

*delete as applicable
Yakker
Gum Gnasher

Awards Cabinet

Postby Dogsbody_D » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 3:06 pm

Oh, and as for SWB... clever people hereabouts have got several servers with fat pipes running ..... with up to 32 HUMAN TYPE PLAYERS at the same time!

Is that getting close?
Dogsbody_D
Trolley Trundler

Awards Cabinet

Postby Grifter » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 3:08 pm

Mane wrote:I am amazed by what the kids of today have when all we had was a ball of string and a lump of coal

You were lucky...we used to live in a cess pit and had to work down mine.

Mane wrote:I think my favourite was probably eight-player micro-machines on the megadrive.

That the same as on the ps1, ie sitting at right angles to the tele and sharing a controller? Ahh, superb pished up after pub fun. :D

Oh and welcome to OAP towers.
PS: Don't sit with Ocean or Watty when playing burnout. They both use fart power to go faster and leave skid marks on the sofas. :farter: :wink:
Last edited by Grifter on Tue 19 Oct 2004, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grifter
Trolley Trundler

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mane » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 3:18 pm

Grifter wrote:
Mane wrote:I am amazed by what the kids of today have when all we had was a ball of string and a lump of coal

Mane wrote:I think my favourite was probably eight-player micro-machines on the megadrive.

That the same as on the ps1, ie sitting at right angles to the tele and sharing a controller? Ahh, superb pished up after pub fun. :D

Oh and welcome to OAP towers.
PS: Don't sit with Ocean or Watty when playing burnout. They both use fart power to go faster and leave skid marks on the sofas. :wink:

You had a job AND a warm place to live? bloody LUXURY!
The Megadrive version was pure and simple top-down graphics, but yes to sharing the pads - never have so many cars veered right, into oblivion, at the shout of "LEFT!" They really don't make 'em like that any more.

and 32 player epic Star Wars battles does sound more like it, the lack of decent hosting sounded like the major problem. Meditate upon this, I will.
Mane
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Sharky » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 3:48 pm

Mane wrote:
Grifter wrote:

You had a job AND a warm place to live? bloody LUXURY!

Luxury ... We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head with a broken bottle... if we were LUCKY!

BTW Micro Machines (Mega Drive) multiplayer is eternaly one of my favourites.....BONUS would be the cry as you stuffed your oponent off a ruler bridge....lol hours of fun.
Sharky
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Grifter » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 4:14 pm

Sharky wrote:Luxury ... We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head with a broken bottle... if we were LUCKY!

You're right, you were lucky. I had to get up at ten o'clock at night, half an hourbefore I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down at the mill and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our mother and father would kill us and dance on our graves singing Halleluja.

You try tellin the young people of today that and they won't believe you.
Grifter
Trolley Trundler

Awards Cabinet

Postby CHOMP_ON_THIS » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 4:23 pm

Albatross - Get your Albatross
Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something
CHOMP_ON_THIS
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Kiplin » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 4:29 pm

Hi Mane...Fancy a Delecious Bakewell..?

The Jams just outta the oven so a bit hot, but the cherries are straight out of the Orchard...O the scamps of children from the next village had a wonderful time this afternoon, climbing the trees, playing with my roller, crunchin on mi Golden Delicious...yum yummy yum :D

I can tell you're not a pain, Main, but never wain from the pain of slaine Dwaine(pain)!.

I'll get my whites 8O

Kipperz

:chef:
Kiplin
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby roguetrooper » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 4:47 pm

Sorry about the delay...been at school again today.

Anyhoo.. what more do I need to say except welcome to the bowling club!

All the forums are now yours for the perusal and of course, you may now used the coveted [OAP] tag with your gaming handle!

:)

Welcome t't bowlin' club like
roguetrooper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mane » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 5:10 pm

Thanks Roguetrooper, it's good to be here.

Nice to know that senility still has dignity and bakes exceedingly good cakes too - but you might want to check Kiplin's dosage :wink:

I still do not know what LLAP stands for (or means) and I have to admit it is preying on my mind, I'm going to have a cup of tea and a biscuit (probably named after an Italian revolutionary - Bourbon or Garibaldi or something) to get over this combination of excitement and bafflement.
Mane
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Kaiser » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 5:35 pm

Congrats Mane. good to see you're a member of OAP. w00t.

Now go get nurse jones.. I think I've hurt myself. :oops:
Kaiser
Trolley Trundler

Awards Cabinet

Postby roguetrooper » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 5:39 pm

Mane wrote:check Kiplin's dosage :wink:

Hmm, guilty, probably. I'm swiping as many pills as I can get my hands on for a beautiful mosaic..its a private work..just for me....you understand of course I hope.

In my haste to read all the posts made today while I was slaving over a hot text book, I neglected to metion Sav.

Everything you will hear about him is genuine....EVERYTHING ;)

Have fun and I hope to see you in our lounge soon. BTW, anything that looks like a urine-stain but smells like cat vomit is just ch0mps way of remembering his seat...which he always forgets. Its mostly harmless, but you might want to sit on a towel, just to be on the safe side.
roguetrooper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby martok » Tue 19 Oct 2004, 9:06 pm

Mane wrote:seriously? Martok has Blood Wine and Gagh? I'll bet he knows all the Klingon drinking songs and has a Batleth built into his zimmer...

The blood wine and Gagh is standard food around here, otherwise known as NHS grub... :wink:

Yes, I do have a Bat'leth built into my zimmer, which I'll be using on Boba for his comments - he is a warrior without honour and deserves it inserting where the sun don't shine... 8O

Boba UK wrote:I think anyone who knows that there are two types of Star Trek fan and knows precisely what the difference is must fall into the sadder of the two categories themselves.

Er, braincells not working here, Boba. If you know the difference between a geeky games player and a normal games player, it doesn't make you a geek now, does it? Well, in your case, maybe it does... :wink:

Well, Mane, as you can see we like a bit of freindly jibing around here. It's all in good fun really (although to be safe I'm going to hide from Boba for a couple of days... :wink: )

Welcome to the madhouse!
martok
Bed Pan Brandisher

Awards Cabinet

Postby Dogsbody_D » Wed 20 Oct 2004, 10:31 am

Martok wrote:
Boba UK wrote:I think anyone who knows that there are two types of Star Trek fan and knows precisely what the difference is must fall into the sadder of the two categories themselves.

Er, braincells not working here, Boba. If you know the difference between a geeky games player and a normal games player, it doesn't make you a geek now, does it? Well, in your case, maybe it does... :wink:

:wink:
Dogsbody_D
Trolley Trundler

Awards Cabinet

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions