Introduction - HastaLaVista

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby HastaLaVista » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 8:03 am

Thanks chaps!

Martok - I thought the same thing when I looked up my intro. So few of those people are still here (and active).

BT - absolutely! Been a fab gaming time.

Mullet - Drat, you've discovered my secret identity!

Wid - Don't recall 'sky' but I do vaguely recollect a program about people smashing up machines etc

Hasta 8)
HastaLaVista
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby lebowski » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 8:45 am

scooby, c00ky, old red, where are they now, so many of the older members fallen by the wayside, bit sad really :(

Glad your still here hasta old bean, el capatain, and heres to three more years of oap.
lebowski
Gum Gnasher

Awards Cabinet

Postby MaccyC » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 9:09 am

Here, here.

Congrats Hasta. :banana: :bow:
Team : Seniors
MaccyC
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Kiplin » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 10:18 am

lebowski wrote:scooby, c00ky, old red, where are they now, so many of the older members fallen by the wayside, bit sad really :(

Not so IMO.

Real Life priorities has always been the corner stone what makes OAP different than any other clan. People have lives/jobs/children/changes in circumstances/people get dissalusioned with online gaming,

...but we'll always be here for them, if anytime in the lives, they find a corner of space to be filled with pointless online gaming/posting. :)

If a week, month, 6 months or 3 years go by, Old Red, scooby and the Cookster should know some of us, BT, Hasta, you and Kips, RT, HC, and all the old lags, and the newer crew, Maccy, Mullet, Martok, halo, DK DnC, will be gaming on some obsure server, or posting tripe in the forums...

Here's to another 3 years Hast, top OAP'er/Captain :bow:

Kippers

:chef:
Kiplin
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby ColSonders » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 10:45 am

3 Years!!!!

Didn't even realise...i'm actually coming up to that long myself too.

Hope we have plenty more years of you in OAP and being an important figure within PurpleRinse...and I mean as much on the battlefield as being a captain, and hope OAP remain the distraction from all things real life that I know it has been for you.

3 Years!!!! 8O

ps I agree with Kiplin, loads of the old faces return from time to time and it's great to see them and it shows the strengths of OAP that this does happen and the sorts of welcome backs people get when they do return even if it is only briefly.
ColSonders

Awards Cabinet

Postby lebowski » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 11:28 am

Im just hankering after a bit of nostalga kips, isnt it our right as grumpy old sods to moan about how things were better in the old days and morn our fallen comarades.

maybe we could start a war memorial for MIA or fallen oap's, im pretty handy with a chizel and a block of marble

[old sod mode]
i rember way way back in 2003 you could get a bag of crisps for about 40p and a pint in one of them fancy bars would only cost you 2 and a half english pounds, and everyone was obsessed with them new fangled ipod things, and everyone and his dog were buying dvds, and it was still legal to drive a car and talk on your mobile, and bob monkhouse was still alive, and Saddam Hussein was still in power and............[/old sod mode]
lebowski
Gum Gnasher

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 11:39 am

Nah, the real old sods never leave, they just forget the URL and their login. :wink:
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby HastaLaVista » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 10:13 pm

widnesboy wrote:And a series where people went all funny and smashed up all technology and metal things? can't remember what that was.

Was thinking about this this morning, whilst weeding some old dear's garden. There was a program called 'The Changes' or something similar. Opening sequence had some 'scary' music and shots of electricity pylons and stuff. Was that the one?
HastaLaVista
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby martok » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 10:26 pm

I remember that one!

http://www.bilderberg.org/changes.htm

I certainly remember a sentient stone (as mentioned on this page) that was somehow linked to Merlin (I vaguely recall that I thought that it was Merlin in stone form) that was behind it all.

Oh sweet memories of children's TV as it once was... :)
martok
Bed Pan Brandisher

Awards Cabinet

Postby HastaLaVista » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 10:30 pm

That's the one! Good to know that I still have one or two braincells left in the old noggin. :D The question is, is it the one that Wid was referring to?
HastaLaVista
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Tue 20 Jun 2006, 10:53 pm

widnesboy wrote:DO you remember a really weird proram called 'sky' sith some bloke with red eyes in it.

From TVcream.org:

SKY (1976)
HTV

WEIRD SERIES with MARK HARRISON as a teenage space-God thing stranded in Somerset and - sigh - "trying to get back home". Evil teleporting bloke tried to stop him. Even the trees didn't like him. Bummer. Quite niftily done, though.

- I don't remember it myself though!

And a series where people went all funny and smashed up all technology and metal things? can't remember what that was.

nor that! is it one of these?

The Machine Gunners - now there was a program! "where ya goin now?" "can I come?" :D
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Needa3 » Sat 08 Jul 2006, 8:06 pm

3 years of hasta.

I'll drink to that. :drink:

sig design by Leb, hosting by Martok

This week I WON'T be playing Eve - online
Needa3
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby widnesboy » Sun 09 Jul 2006, 9:19 am

HastaLaVista wrote:That's the one! Good to know that I still have one or two braincells left in the old noggin. :D The question is, is it the one that Wid was referring to?

oh aye, yes it was. used to scare the shit out of me that program. thats what we lack with childrens tv these days... drama that threatens that the whole of society and the world is going to die weirdly.

and mullet found sky! I couldn't un cover that with any amount of googling so good result, I thought I was going madder. that was another scary program

even dr who isn't scary anymore. watched it the other week and it had Peter Kay as a comedy monster, looked like that gilbert monster from Get Fresh.

ok.... Gaz top was a bit scary.
widnesboy
Bad Ass Midget

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Sun 09 Jul 2006, 9:30 am

he looks like Fungus the Bogeyman!!! :D
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby [uw] TheNewSaint » Sun 09 Jul 2006, 10:03 am

The one that sticks in my mind from my youth in the 70's was this one:

The Tomorrow People

I found it terrfying and compelling at the same time. Anyone else remember the original series?

I also found this site with a link to the original theme tune, which I rembered instantly!

Theme Tunes
[uw] TheNewSaint
Allotment Dweller

Awards Cabinet

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions