Today I........

Get outside for some fresh air and have a natter in the garden...If it isn't directly related to Playstation online gaming or the OAP community, then talk it over here. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Today I........

Postby DaddyR » Tue 28 Nov 2017, 5:40 pm

Boba UK wrote:I also got ELO tickets. Front row for the Newcastle gig! I'll be able to see every curly hair on the great man's head.

Bummer about the visit from the calf sniper - why does it always happen when there's a race coming up? So annoying. Rest it properly and you'll be back in no time. (well 3-6 weeks usually)

I had some amatsu therapy and it sorted it out enough to run. Recorded a time of 44m 14s which was 14 seconds above the target I had set myself, but that was only a rough guess based on 2 slower but longer training runs. It was sore after but I will have a gentle run tomorrow to test it.
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby Boba UK » Wed 29 Nov 2017, 5:23 am

DadddyR wrote:I had some amatsu therapy and it sorted it out enough to run. Recorded a time of 44m 14s which was 14 seconds above the target I had set myself, but that was only a rough guess based on 2 slower but longer training runs. It was sore after but I will have a gentle run tomorrow to test it.

Nice one. Great time too. This racing lark can get a bit addictive.
Boba UK
Champion Werthers Sucker

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Wed 29 Nov 2017, 7:02 pm

Boba UK wrote:
DadddyR wrote:I had some amatsu therapy and it sorted it out enough to run. Recorded a time of 44m 14s which was 14 seconds above the target I had set myself, but that was only a rough guess based on 2 slower but longer training runs. It was sore after but I will have a gentle run tomorrow to test it.

I know (I blame parkrun - I'm now a Run Director!), which is odd for an overweight (but getting lighter) 45 year old. I know have 3 pairs of leggings in various thickness and shininess. Still don't have the balls (literally) to not wear them without shorts over the top though.
DaddyR

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gazman86 » Wed 29 Nov 2017, 7:52 pm

DaddyR wrote:
Boba UK wrote:

I know (I blame parkrun - I'm now a Run Director!), which is odd for an overweight (but getting lighter) 45 year old. I know have 3 pairs of leggings in various thickness and shininess. Still don't have the balls (literally) to not wear them without shorts over the top though.

Ha ha I wear similar gear when I'm out cycling, really couldn't care less what people think. It serves a purpose and that is all. Plus if it's a cold day, which lets face it winters here then you can't see sod all anyway :rofl:
Gazman86

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Wed 29 Nov 2017, 11:38 pm

Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Saltyballz81 » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:26 pm

:rofl:
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Wed 06 Dec 2017, 11:24 pm

I was so conscious of my left calf that I didn't bother stretching my right calf last Saturday. Strained it 3k into the parkrun and now I am hobbling around with a Grade 2 strain, can't walk without pain, have to hop up / down stairs and not driving to / from Norfolk this week as 2.5 hours in the car each way as I can't control the accelerator for that long without pain. So I have 3 pairs of running tights that won't see December!
DaddyR

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Wed 06 Dec 2017, 11:41 pm

DaddyR wrote:So I have 3 pairs of running tights that won't see December!

You can hang them up for Santa to fill?
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Plaxinator » Thu 07 Dec 2017, 9:32 pm

DaddyR wrote:I was so conscious of my left calf that I didn't bother stretching my right calf last Saturday. Strained it 3k into the parkrun and now I am hobbling around with a Grade 2 strain, can't walk without pain, have to hop up / down stairs and not driving to / from Norfolk this week as 2.5 hours in the car each way as I can't control the accelerator for that long without pain. So I have 3 pairs of running tights that won't see December!

Ouch! Hopefully it won’t be too long before you recover. I’ve registered for Parkrun, there’s one near me where you are allowed to bring your dog. Not been yet, but I should really.
I went on a 3 mile run with the dog a couple of days ago. I didn’t bother to warm up or cool down and I’m paying for it now. My poor little leggsies are sore. Bloody dog is fine though. She’s nearly 10 and acts like she’s 3. I’m hobbling about and she’s like “PLAY FETCH WITH ME GODDAM YOU!!! THAT 3 MILE RUN WAS JUST A WARM UP!”.
Plaxinator
Green House Attendant

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Thu 07 Dec 2017, 11:15 pm

Plaxinator wrote:
DaddyR wrote:I was so conscious of my left calf that I didn't bother stretching my right calf last Saturday. Strained it 3k into the parkrun and now I am hobbling around with a Grade 2 strain, can't walk without pain, have to hop up / down stairs and not driving to / from Norfolk this week as 2.5 hours in the car each way as I can't control the accelerator for that long without pain. So I have 3 pairs of running tights that won't see December!

Ouch! Hopefully it won’t be too long before you recover. I’ve registered for Parkrun, there’s one near me where you are allowed to bring your dog. Not been yet, but I should really.
I went on a 3 mile run with the dog a couple of days ago. I didn’t bother to warm up or cool down and I’m paying for it now. My poor little leggsies are sore. Bloody dog is fine though. She’s nearly 10 and acts like she’s 3. I’m hobbling about and she’s like “PLAY FETCH WITH ME GODDAM YOU!!! THAT 3 MILE RUN WAS JUST A WARM UP!”.

I hope you enjoy it Plax (which one is it?). I was surprised that some don't but then not all routes are suitable (Swansea Bay I have run and they don't have dogs as it is too narrow). Our parkrun allows dogs and I have taken our little one on it but she gets tired about 3k in, I haven't taken the big one yet who can run super fast but is a bit nervy so I am building up his confidence by using the running lead, taking him on solo runs and tail walking our parkrun, when he gets happy we will destroy the field as his is so fast. For the next few weeks I will be marshalling and taking both dogs with me. We have to go through a field of council owned cows so that is always the fun bit to stand on, although this week it will be cold!
DaddyR

Awards Cabinet

Postby Boba UK » Fri 08 Dec 2017, 5:47 am

My 2 year old lab pulls me up the hill on my local Parkrun. He prefers it if we're running with another dog owning friend, I think he feels more like he's in a pack then. Since a Parkrun started up 1 mile from my house I've been going nearly every week. I'm up to 80 runs so far and have volunteered a few times.
Warm up? That's the first mile for me! I do try to remember to stretch afterwards and sometimes do...
Boba UK
Champion Werthers Sucker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Plaxinator » Fri 08 Dec 2017, 1:46 pm

DaddyR wrote:I hope you enjoy it Plax (which one is it?). I was surprised that some don't but then not all routes are suitable (Swansea Bay I have run and they don't have dogs as it is too narrow). Our parkrun allows dogs and I have taken our little one on it but she gets tired about 3k in, I haven't taken the big one yet who can run super fast but is a bit nervy so I am building up his confidence by using the running lead, taking him on solo runs and tail walking our parkrun, when he gets happy we will destroy the field as his is so fast. For the next few weeks I will be marshalling and taking both dogs with me. We have to go through a field of council owned cows so that is always the fun bit to stand on, although this week it will be cold!

This one;
http://www.parkrun.org.uk/penrhyn/

I'm surprised my dog can cope given her age, but she's some kind of terrier cross and is always full of beans (She's adopted so I don't know her full history. I have sent away for a dog DNA test to see what it comes back with. Most bets seem to think she is part Staffie). She loves to run, especially if it's faster than me. We were legging it down a hill once and she went arse over tit as her back end decided it wanted to go faster than her front. She makes me paranoid now, but she seems to just bounce back up and carry on.

Boba UK wrote:My 2 year old lab pulls me up the hill on my local Parkrun. He prefers it if we're running with another dog owning friend, I think he feels more like he's in a pack then. Since a Parkrun started up 1 mile from my house I've been going nearly every week. I'm up to 80 runs so far and have volunteered a few times.
Warm up? That's the first mile for me! I do try to remember to stretch afterwards and sometimes do...

Wow, that is impressive! Nice that your dog is a sociable chap as well. Mine is a bitch both literally and figuratively! She's very hit and miss with other dogs. She's a really loving dog with people, a proper lap dog, but with other dogs she's a nightmare. She's better in a big open space off the lead, but if we meet other people with dogs on a path face on it's 50/50 how she'll act so I always err on the side of caution and put her back on the lead. If they are just behind her though she doesn't care. Thankfully she plays nicely with the neighbours dog (probably because he's a big pushover).
Plaxinator
Green House Attendant

Awards Cabinet

Postby ManicMyna » Fri 08 Dec 2017, 4:45 pm

found out that estate agents are more shady than I'd thought just to rent a flat from one them for a 6 month period they are expecting me be earning 24k a year or pay them the whole 6 months upfront plus fees which I could potentially lose if they didn't get references from my employer in 3 days (which frankly the way HR is going there probably wouldn't happen in three years not to mention they stopped doing personal references years ago)
ManicMyna

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Mon 11 Dec 2017, 8:17 pm

What a cracking location Plax, it looks beautiful. 80 runs is impressive Bona. The route of my local parkrun is within 100 yards from my front door so it's hard to ignore. I've done about 45 runs now, volunteered about 30 times (thanks injuries) and have been Run Director twice.

Pissed Manic. That seems pretty unscrupulous of them, 6 months up front??
DaddyR

Awards Cabinet

Postby Boba UK » Tue 12 Dec 2017, 5:37 am

DaddyR wrote: 80 runs is impressive Bona.

Have you been looking at my browsing history?
Boba UK
Champion Werthers Sucker

Awards Cabinet

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat