Today I........

Get outside for some fresh air and have a natter in the garden...If it isn't directly related to Playstation online gaming or the OAP community, then talk it over here. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Today I........

Postby SHROUD » Fri 26 Oct 2012, 9:09 pm

....Was at Leigh Delaware services on the M4 just outside Bristol. Looking to see what breakfast delights I would indulge in, when a very familiar voice caught my attention. Noooooo it couldn't be, surely not.........so I turned to my left and yes it was unbelievably true. Before my very eyes with an orange juice and porridge in hand, was the one and only........wait for it

David Tenant (Dr Who himself) WOW how cool was this.

PS - thought this forum could take off with other exciting daily endeavours yonder OAPs experience :D . No Crofty your train spotting doesn't count :wink: .
SHROUD
False Teeth Thrasher

Awards Cabinet

Re: Today I........

Postby Neerg » Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:52 pm

Now that is VERY cool.

I love David Tennant, thought he was a brilliant Doctor.

So did you say hello!!? :D
Neerg
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Neerg » Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:54 pm

Also I once saw Simon Cowell in the airport book store whilst waiting for a plane to Greece. No, I did not say hello!
Neerg
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Goffik » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 12:20 am

Today I...

... went for a hike around and over the Blorenge. Nice enough day but bloody freezing. Being a biker, my fingers were so numb with cold on the way home that I twice almost went into the back of the car in front because I could barely pull the brake lever. I had to stop in a layby and stick my gloved hands on the engine casing to warm them up enough to continue.

I love this time of year.

(not)
Goffik
Tartan Slipper Wearer

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 7:16 am

In more motorway service / celebrity stalking news I did holiday work at the Leigh Delamere services on the M4 (near Chippenham) (I've no idea where Shroud was) and Mulletino's favourite pet rescue, didgeridoo blowing, sketching, fake Aussie used to come in for breakfast - yes, Rolf. He was a grumpy sod.
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby Sav » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 8:39 am

Today I washed the car, spent some time out in the sunshine with Hugo and also decided to enter a 25km bike ride on a few weeks. I know 25km isn't that far but as part of the same charidee day thing, they have longer rides up to 140km. I'll do the starter 25 this year and work towards other longer distances both for the same event next year and other events coming up.
Not watching any football since whenever.
Sav
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 12:06 pm

Installed Windows 8 on my Laptop, a relatively painless adventure (£25 digital download), I was able to keep all my applications, and it seems to be working OK.

I decided I'd try it on my lappy before considering replacing my laptop, it is a bit different.
ImageImage
Click Signature for OAPs participating in the "365 Trophies in 365 Days Challenge"
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 3:14 pm

FazerFlipper wrote:Installed Windows 8 on my Laptop, a relatively painless adventure (£25 digital download), I was able to keep all my applications, and it seems to be working OK.

I decided I'd try it on my lappy before considering replacing my laptop, it is a bit different.

Is it any better than Win 7? And are they all that price? Might get it for the desktop if so.
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

DdR, it will take a bit of getting used to, is it better than Windows 7, probably not, but it isn't any worse from what I have seen so far. The digital download for £25 I think is a 'limited offer' until the end of January. Head over to www.windows.co.uk to find out more, alternatively http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/buying-advic ... ice-in-uk/ will give you more details
ImageImage
Click Signature for OAPs participating in the "365 Trophies in 365 Days Challenge"
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Watty » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 4:55 pm

FazerFlipper wrote:it will take a bit of getting used to, is it better than Windows 7, probably not, but it isn't any worse from what I have seen so far.

That is a decent price and I would be tempted if it wasn't for your confusing review! Tell us more and get off the fence!
Pacman hi-score 152860. Space Invaders hi-score 424620
Watty
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Wilks » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 5:03 pm

...went to Asda shopping. Beat that. :lol:
Wilks
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby SHROUD » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 7:07 pm

DaddyR so I got the second part of the services wrong, I had just met Dr Who :lol: . Plus its 20 minutes from Bristol so good enough for me :wink: .

Did say hi, but that was it. Left him with his brekkie in peace.
SHROUD
False Teeth Thrasher

Awards Cabinet

Postby blzbub » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 7:24 pm

Wilks wrote:...went to Asda shopping. Beat that. :lol:

Tesco!
blzbub
Gin Rummy Shark

Awards Cabinet

Postby TescoValueGamer » Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:55 pm

...gave my chipped PS1 some maintenance and played my NTSC Final Fantasy Tactics for a bit :)
TescoValueGamer
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Postby TheNewSaint » Sun 28 Oct 2012, 9:57 am

TescoValueGamer wrote:...gave my chipped PS1 some maintenance and played my NTSC Final Fantasy Tactics for a bit :)

Wow. FF Tactics. What a brilliant game. Endless replay value with all those jobs. I've been playing the iPad iOS version and it works very nicely
TheNewSaint
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to General Chat