Today I........

Get outside for some fresh air and have a natter in the garden...If it isn't directly related to Playstation online gaming or the OAP community, then talk it over here. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Today I........

Postby Mulletino » Wed 14 Mar 2018, 11:33 pm

Mine too, right at the lower bit where it joins the arse. Had a fair few chiro visits which helped for a bit, but sometimes it locks into place, getting old sucks.

Anyway, today I found out my 2TB HDD drive in my PS4 was full! Had to delete some shit and will need to delete more!
Time to invest in another ext HDD methinks. Any suggestions on which ones to avoid?
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby ManicMyna » Thu 15 Mar 2018, 8:52 am

Mulletino wrote:Time to invest in another ext HDD methinks. Any suggestions on which ones to avoid?

I picked up a 4TB Seagate wanted an 8TB but it was out of stock and double the price, the 5TB version added another 40 quid to the price of the 4TB
ManicMyna

Awards Cabinet

Postby zb100 » Thu 15 Mar 2018, 9:10 am

Mulletino wrote:Mine too, right at the lower bit where it joins the arse. Had a fair few chiro visits which helped for a bit, but sometimes it locks into place, getting old sucks.

Anyway, today I found out my 2TB HDD drive in my PS4 was full! Had to delete some shit and will need to delete more!
Time to invest in another ext HDD methinks. Any suggestions on which ones to avoid?

I've been struggling similarly for some time though also my PS4 sounds dangerously like it is going to take off.
Time to invest in a pro & new drive.

ManicMyna wrote:I picked up a 4TB Seagate wanted an 8TB but it was out of stock and double the price, the 5TB version added another 40 quid to the price of the 4TB

Will look into that, thank you, I still have a £20 Amazon voucher to use from Christmas...
zb100
Green House Attendant

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gazman86 » Tue 20 Mar 2018, 4:52 pm

So today was a bit of a shocker, I'd randomly received a Facebook message from my Dad. Who I haven't seen or heard from since I was 4 years old. It's the first time in my life that I actually didn't know what to say or do, fucking crazy. Been so long he'd been pushed to the back of my mind and not given any thought, especially given the circumstances of his leaving.

Anyway I've decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and have agreed to meet up, will see how it goes from there.

Life sure does love a curve ball.
Gazman86

Awards Cabinet

Postby Neerg » Tue 20 Mar 2018, 5:18 pm

Wow that's quite a turn up for you.
I don't know what you are feeling about the situation, but I'm sure you must have a million questions for him.
I guess taking it slow and easy is easier said than done - there must be a massive urge to want to know everything at once. I hope it goes well for both of you.
Neerg
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gazman86 » Tue 20 Mar 2018, 5:53 pm

I have hundreds of questions, and also loads of apprehensions, especially as I have kids of my own now who have grown up with my step dad who's has been there since day 1 for them as their grandad.

Going to be a low process.
Gazman86

Awards Cabinet

Postby Saltyballz81 » Tue 20 Mar 2018, 6:47 pm

Life's too short mate, you've done the right thing in agreeing to meet up, hope it all goes well. :wink: :Y:
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gazman86 » Tue 20 Mar 2018, 8:16 pm

Saltyballz81 wrote:Life's too short mate, you've done the right thing in agreeing to meet up, hope it all goes well. :wink: :Y:

Hopefully, will find out tomorrow 8O
Gazman86

Awards Cabinet

Postby kaycee2011 » Tue 20 Mar 2018, 8:55 pm

All the best with that Gaz... let us know how it went xx
kaycee2011
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gazman86 » Wed 21 Mar 2018, 4:14 pm

Well what a day, met my Dad today, after 28 years. It went well, was a few tears and a lot to talk about, although it was hard to know where to begin.

I can't imagine how he feels now finding out he has a daughter in law and 2 grandchildren after giving up on finding me. Turns out my wife found him on Facebook and sent him a message months ago. She didn't know if it was the right person and didn't hear anything for months as he doesn't really use it.

I had no idea how I'd feel but I'm happy it's happened, and feel bad I made no effort to find him myself after all these years. (There was a lot of shit that happened 28 years ago that led to that event). The past I think prevented me from wanting to look for him.

Fuck, what a mental day. To think I've never really used the word Dad to apply to someone.

Was definitely a weird feeling to meet someone who is your parent that you actually don't know as a person at all.
Gazman86

Awards Cabinet

Postby Saltyballz81 » Wed 21 Mar 2018, 6:53 pm

Glad it went well mate, happy for you. :Y:

But, more importantly, does he have a PlayStation? And can we recruit him? You must have got your gaming skills from somebody after all.... :lol:
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Wed 21 Mar 2018, 7:05 pm

Good to hear it went well Gaz!
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Neerg » Wed 21 Mar 2018, 8:07 pm

That. is. BRILLIANT

I hope your relationship builds onwards and upwards from here.
Neerg
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gazman86 » Wed 21 Mar 2018, 9:30 pm

Well it was a day of ups and downs. Although it went well it brought back horrible memories of the past for my mum.

But as I've said I'm not expecting or wanting everyone to play happy families, they will be treated seperately and doesn't change the relationship between my mum.

Life's not easy I'll say that. Onwards and upwards as they say.

Salty no not quite the same for gaming, plays dungeons and dragons apparently.

So fucking tired today, emotions have taken a toll on me.
Gazman86

Awards Cabinet

Postby Neerg » Tue 03 Apr 2018, 8:34 pm

.. resigned from my job of 22 years.....
Neerg
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat