Today I........

Get outside for some fresh air and have a natter in the garden...If it isn't directly related to Playstation online gaming or the OAP community, then talk it over here. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Today I........

Postby ManicMyna » Fri 13 Dec 2019, 4:46 pm

am back online :woot: :banana:
once the ps4 stops updating everything under the sun, I'll go see what speed I'm actually getting as currently its lower than advertised
update: now better than advertised
Image
Image
User avatar
ManicMyna
Moderator
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 4953
Joined: Mon 26 May 2003, 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere that isn't there

Re: Today I........

Postby naking » Thu 19 Dec 2019, 9:45 am

@manic - that's pretty impressive for BT
Image
User avatar
naking
Moderator
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 1290
Joined: Thu 21 May 2009, 7:00 am
Location: Worcestershire

Re: Today I........

Postby ManicMyna » Thu 19 Dec 2019, 8:42 pm

not sure how much faster I could go ( the router shows it has an 80 meg connection & i'm only paying for 67 with a guarantee of 55 ) - the 200meg option is fibre optic but I was told i have fibre to home although I believe there is a bottleneck of pretty chunky copper cable from where it enters the building to where the phone lines connect
Image
User avatar
ManicMyna
Moderator
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 4953
Joined: Mon 26 May 2003, 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere that isn't there

Re: Today I........

Postby DaddyR » Fri 27 Dec 2019, 10:53 pm

I just logged in too. 16 days since the last time.
Image
User avatar
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 9685
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2004, 8:00 am
Location: Mostly Hatfield

Re: Today I........

Postby ManicMyna » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 4:45 pm

have this bad boy
Image
Image
User avatar
ManicMyna
Moderator
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 4953
Joined: Mon 26 May 2003, 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere that isn't there

Re: Today I........

Postby naking » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 6:34 pm

ManicMyna wrote:have this bad boy
Image

ooooh…. nice.

I'm well-jel
Image
User avatar
naking
Moderator
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 1290
Joined: Thu 21 May 2009, 7:00 am
Location: Worcestershire

Re: Today I........

Postby Mulletino » Fri 27 Mar 2020, 2:12 am

Noice! Would love one of those!

Well today I finished clearing out our work office. We've all been working from home for two weeks and the office too big for our requirements after our previous lay offs. The local Health Department are in all the other offices in our building and need the extra space (they're busy due to some virus or other) so they've taken over the lease, which is good as it saves us money and if we make it through this then we'll find a new office.

Unfortunately this office also houses our VOIP solution so we need to keep our gear running here till then, which they've okayed. so i also had to move as much of our kit down the rack as i could, that was fun.........

Still at least i still have a job (for now), stay safe OAPs.
Image
User avatar
Mulletino
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 11717
Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004, 7:00 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Today I........

Postby ManicMyna » Mon 26 Oct 2020, 7:12 pm

can't be arsed to find out how to change the clock on my cooker
Image
User avatar
ManicMyna
Moderator
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 4953
Joined: Mon 26 May 2003, 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere that isn't there

Re: Today I........

Postby Mulletino » Mon 02 Nov 2020, 12:25 am

ManicMyna wrote:can't be arsed to find out how to change the clock on my cooker


I believe the standard practice is hold each button down in turn till something happens?
Image
User avatar
Mulletino
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 11717
Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004, 7:00 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Today I........

Postby ManicMyna » Tue 08 Dec 2020, 9:52 pm

filled out the request for a PS4 camera adapter - it will never get used as I put the vr back in the box but it's going to cost sony to make it and ship it which is a tiny bit of payback for this shit show of a console launch
Image
User avatar
ManicMyna
Moderator
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 4953
Joined: Mon 26 May 2003, 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere that isn't there

Re: Today I........

Postby Mulletino » Wed 09 Dec 2020, 11:36 pm

Oh the camera adapter situation isn't much better. I filled out the form on the day it went live, got an email on the 14th November saying it had been posted and would arrive in 6 to 12 business days, it still hasn't arrived, a mate ordered his the same, got the same email and also still hasn't received his.
I've ordered other gear after this sent from within Australia and overseas which have arrived so there is something amiss somewhere.
Image
User avatar
Mulletino
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 11717
Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004, 7:00 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Today I........

Postby naking » Thu 10 Dec 2020, 8:54 am

Mulletino wrote:Oh the camera adapter situation isn't much better. I filled out the form on the day it went live, got an email on the 14th November saying it had been posted and would arrive in 6 to 12 business days, it still hasn't arrived, a mate ordered his the same, got the same email and also still hasn't received his.
I've ordered other gear after this sent from within Australia and overseas which have arrived so there is something amiss somewhere.

It's of no consolation to you, but mine arrived a couple of weeks ago, so they do exist. Haven't used it yet.
Image
User avatar
naking
Moderator
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 1290
Joined: Thu 21 May 2009, 7:00 am
Location: Worcestershire

Re: Today I........

Postby DaddyR » Thu 17 Dec 2020, 8:38 pm

Mulletino wrote:
ManicMyna wrote:can't be arsed to find out how to change the clock on my cooker


I believe the standard practice is hold each button down in turn till something happens?


Or wait 6 months
Image
User avatar
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 9685
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2004, 8:00 am
Location: Mostly Hatfield

Re: Today I........

Postby ManicMyna » Fri 18 Dec 2020, 8:00 am

DaddyR wrote:
Mulletino wrote:
ManicMyna wrote:can't be arsed to find out how to change the clock on my cooker


I believe the standard practice is hold each button down in turn till something happens?


Or wait 6 months

that is the option that has been adopted, also saves time changing it again in another 4 months
Image
User avatar
ManicMyna
Moderator
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 4953
Joined: Mon 26 May 2003, 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere that isn't there

Re: Today I........

Postby DaddyR » Wed 30 Dec 2020, 1:09 pm

ManicMyna wrote:
DaddyR wrote:
Mulletino wrote:
ManicMyna wrote:can't be arsed to find out how to change the clock on my cooker


I believe the standard practice is hold each button down in turn till something happens?


Or wait 6 months

that is the option that has been adopted, also saves time changing it again in another 4 months

Excellent
Image
User avatar
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 9685
Joined: Mon 02 Feb 2004, 8:00 am
Location: Mostly Hatfield

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

cron