Switch to full style
Get outside for some fresh air and have a natter in the garden...If it isn't directly related to Playstation online gaming or the OAP community, then talk it over here. Open to all but must be registered to post.
Post a reply

Surprisingly helpful guide

Thu 04 Jan 2018, 11:59 am

This is a surprisingly helpful guide to the PS4's various system options. I learnt some stuff.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/01 ... f177220642

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Thu 04 Jan 2018, 12:02 pm

That button swap thing is a godsend!

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Wed 10 Jan 2018, 12:54 pm

roguetrooper wrote:That button swap thing is a godsend!


It's good isn't it. If only there was an option for permanent vertical invert, like a proper person plays.

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:51 pm

Fucking weirdo.... LOL

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:06 pm

I didn't know about the double tap on ps button to switch between application's. Now that's handy

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Thu 11 Jan 2018, 2:32 am

DaddyR wrote:
It's good isn't it. If only there was an option for permanent vertical invert, like a proper person plays.


That should be default anyway, like the good old days ;)

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Thu 11 Jan 2018, 10:24 am

Bondalike wrote:
DaddyR wrote:
It's good isn't it. If only there was an option for permanent vertical invert, like a proper person plays.


That should be default anyway, like the good old days ;)


Pfft... If you're looking down the barrel of a rifle and you wish to aim at something higher, any normal, sensible person would apply a force to the foregrip in a +Y direction.

You dont pull down on the stock in a -Y direction. :P
Last edited by roguetrooper on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Thu 11 Jan 2018, 12:23 pm

Just don't ever take flying lessons RT.... :)

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Thu 11 Jan 2018, 12:44 pm

It's weird I always played with inverted controls, which did get annoying when I went round mates houses and having to change the controls. I remember I had a game that didn't have the inverted option. So forced me to play normal controls, since then I've never gone back to inverted.

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Thu 11 Jan 2018, 1:04 pm

Playing Lego games with flying in is a pain. In 3rd person I can cope with weirdo, so called "normal" vertical configuration but for flying, where a 3rd dimension is present I have to invert.

And RT. If you wear a swimming cap and I affix a plumber's plunger to your shiny head, to make you look down I press the plunger forward, to make you look up I pull the plunger back. Simple.

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Thu 11 Jan 2018, 4:33 pm

Bondalike wrote:Just don't ever take flying lessons RT.... :)


Ah, but pitch is different on a plane because by pushing forward on the flight stick, you adjust the elevators on the tail so you are actually lifting the rear of the plane up to depress the nose to put the plane into a dive ;)

Same with vectored thrust on the Sukhoi Su-35 and such. Pull back on controls, forces the tail down, plane goes up. :Y:

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Fri 12 Jan 2018, 2:26 am

roguetrooper wrote:
Ah, but pitch is different on a plane because by pushing forward on the flight stick, you adjust the elevators on the tail so you are actually lifting the rear of the plane up to depress the nose to put the plane into a dive ;)


By 'adjust', you mean force down...

roguetrooper wrote:Same with vectored thrust on the Sukhoi Su-35 and such. Pull back on controls, forces the tail down, plane goes up. :Y:


and by 'force the tail down', you mean move the control surfaces up.

So to summarise, you push forward to go down and pull back to go up ;)

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:20 am

I'll try and remember that when me and Alextrooper start our flying lessons shortly ;)

Out of interest, What direction would you move a mouse if you were playing FPS? Or a sideways scrolling 2D game such as Gradius? Still invert?

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Fri 12 Jan 2018, 1:18 pm

roguetrooper wrote:
Out of interest, What direction would you move a mouse if you were playing FPS? Or a sideways scrolling 2D game such as Gradius? Still invert?


The last time I played anything on a computer that wasn't an RTS type game there wasn't mice/mouses so I used a keyboard!

Re: Surprisingly helpful guide

Tue 16 Jan 2018, 10:07 am

roguetrooper wrote:Out of interest, What direction would you move a mouse if you were playing FPS? Or a sideways scrolling 2D game such as Gradius? Still invert?


Don't be daft. Anyway, back to you being controlled by plunger.
Post a reply