Hello OAP

Wanna challenge us at any Playstation online game? Just make a challenge here if you promise not to get called away at tea time by your mum, then we'll most likely accept. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello OAP

Postby Oiskey » Wed 24 Feb 2010, 6:04 pm

Hello all.

My PSN is Oiskey, some of you may remember me better as the cleaner from socom 1 and 2 was in virus uk (VUK) Was long time ago so maybe not :wink:

Anyway I am now playing with OnR http://www.oldnrubbish.co.uk/index.php.

My point of posting here is our number of OnR socom players is going down, we are only getting about 8 players on a sunday now, with even less in the week.

I dont know what kind numbers you guys are getting on socom these days?
Was just seeing if you be up for a friendly clan match (just for fun) on a friday or sunday one day. Maybe just start with mixing it up and IF we can get the numbers have Oap vs OnR.
Ps.. we do have a few players who like using GL and the like, Just saying for I know some dont like them :wink:
Oiskey
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby HastaLaVista » Wed 24 Feb 2010, 7:08 pm

Hi Oiskey,

We have varying numbers on Socom during normal weekdays, but Fridays we usually have 20-30 players playing socom in the evening until the wee small hours.

I'm sure that we could have a friendly with your guys - A Sunday would be best, I suspect. How many could you pull together for a best of 3 runaround?

We never ban weapons of any sort. In the old gamebattle ladder days, we would abide by the ladder restrictions, but we never add our own conditions.

Do you all have the ColdFront DLC, or would you prefer us to stick with the standard maps?

I'm happy to help set something up at our end, if you think it's a go-er.

Hasta
HastaLaVista
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby ColSonders » Wed 24 Feb 2010, 7:12 pm

I concur, I think we have enough regulars here that a bit of a friendly/mixed teams run around on a sunday night would go down well.

Plus I think the reduced numbers on a sunday compared to our friday nights that get quite full would much more easily accomodate you guys, match or not.
ColSonders

Awards Cabinet

Postby P-Newson666 » Wed 24 Feb 2010, 7:36 pm

Hi there.

Some of us are often in open rooms in the Nordisk servers on either the original maps or the Coldfront maps on Sunday nights.
P-Newson666
Bed Logger

Awards Cabinet

Postby Hobz » Wed 24 Feb 2010, 8:10 pm

sofaboy wrote:G' Day Oiskey,

I'm sure i remember VUK from gamebattle days.

I'm sure I remember the cleaner, were you with ZA at one stage?
Hobz
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Oiskey » Wed 24 Feb 2010, 9:22 pm

Hobz wrote:I'm sure I remember the cleaner, were you with ZA at one stage?

No, Was only ever in VUK on the ps2. :wink:

Everyone in OnR that still plays has the dlc (I think)

If you guys play in open rooms on a sunday, that makes things easier, thats if you don't mind us just popping in. Trying to find out how many we can get on. I think around 8 but will let you know. :Y:
Oiskey
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Chippers » Wed 24 Feb 2010, 10:39 pm

Hiya Oiskey

My son (Dizzee or LtDizzee) used to run around with you in VUK when you were 'the cleaner' back on Socom 1 & 2 and said to say Hello, he's still on socom most nights and with [ITZ] at the moment.
Chippers
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Postby Oiskey » Thu 25 Feb 2010, 4:42 pm

Chippers wrote:Hiya Oiskey

My son (Dizzee or LtDizzee) used to run around with you in VUK when you were 'the cleaner' back on Socom 1 & 2 and said to say Hello, he's still on socom most nights and with [ITZ] at the moment.

I remember dizzee good guy, It seems most the younger and more skilled VUK have joined ITZ.

As for the match I got some yes for 21:30- 22:00 kick off until when ever, What ever maps or modes you want, but still no numbers of how many we can get on yet sorry.

Would it be ok just to see on the night? (this sunday?) If not I will go shout louder to wake them up. :wink:
Oiskey
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Oiskey » Sat 27 Feb 2010, 3:36 pm

Sorry all. Never tried to organize clan match before 8O

Anyway seems only a few that can make this sunday, so will cancel this sunday and will try and get something for next sunday. :wink:

I take my hat off to every one that organize things like this, Normal I just turn up and have fun and don't do the work, Sorry for my lack of organization skills.
Oiskey
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby TheNewSaint » Sat 27 Feb 2010, 4:05 pm

Hi Oiskey, nice to meet you. I remember Virus had some very good players in the old Socom days.

As has been said above, there are often OAPs playing in open rooms in the EU Nordisk server (there's never many American tossers in there), and Sunday nights are becoming quite popular for this. Friday nights we have our 'glee club' closed rooms for OAP & Chums, which once you've played with us a few times, you and your fellow Socom players would be welcome to apply for Chums status, if you wanted to. This would then give you access to the Friday night fun!

Anyway, hopefully see you online soon. :)
TheNewSaint
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby bazza » Fri 26 Mar 2010, 7:42 am

SPAM!
bazza
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Postby TheNewSaint » Fri 26 Mar 2010, 7:42 pm

bazza wrote:SPAM!

:?:
TheNewSaint
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby bazza » Fri 26 Mar 2010, 9:11 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
bazza wrote:SPAM!

:?:

There was spam. I didn't want to 'reply' to it, as it would just re-post the spam. I highlighted it in the shoutbox. I hoped that an admin would delete the spam, and my comment (since it would no longer make sense).

That just about takes us up to the present.
bazza
Pension Book Holder

Awards Cabinet

Return to Challenge OAP