England vs. Germany

Wanna challenge us at any Playstation online game? Just make a challenge here if you promise not to get called away at tea time by your mum, then we'll most likely accept. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Gilgenbach » Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:34 am

SHROUD wrote:Other games enquiry would work too, quite a varied selection on here with OAPs.

Hi Shroud,

this is what I did :-) I will post their feedback as soon as I have it, so we can start planning :-)
Gilgenbach
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Re: England vs. Germany

Postby Bondalike » Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:02 pm

roger947 wrote:Seeing as you just included " declaration of War" into the thread, how about OAP allies :D

The Allies vs Germany sounds like a great idea, I can't believe no-one has thought of this before,.....er, hang on a minute, they have have'nt they :wink: . Oh well, it's still a good idea and we might even win (again) :lol:

Gilgenbach wrote:I will register myself on their platform now, alias "Queens German Legion".

Great name Rob. As someone interested in military history, I'm sure you know the 'Kings German Legion' fought with distinction during the Napoleonic wars. Did you know that there was also a 'British German Legion' recruited during the Crimean War?
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gilgenbach » Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:49 pm

Bondalike wrote:
roger947 wrote:Seeing as you just included " declaration of War" into the thread, how about OAP allies :D

The Allies vs Germany sounds like a great idea, I can't believe no-one has thought of this before,.....er, hang on a minute, they have have'nt they :wink: . Oh well, it's still a good idea and we might even win (again) :lol:

Gilgenbach wrote:I will register myself on their platform now, alias "Queens German Legion".

Great name Rob. As someone interested in military history, I'm sure you know the 'Kings German Legion' fought with distinction during the Napoleonic wars. Did you know that there was also a 'British German Legion' recruited during the Crimean War?

One of my ancestors fought for the French (56e Infanterie de Ligne) up until 1806 (Battle of Jena), he was wounded and was allowed to travel home to germany. There he deserted, made his way into northern germany where he was recruited into the KGL. But that story is much to long for the forum :-) And no, I did not know about a German Legion in the Crimea, if you have any sources / book tips for me, drop me a PM please. Would interest me a lot!
Gilgenbach
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby Wilks » Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:39 pm

Great idea there Rob but having set up games myself, getting people into an empty server is a real pain in the ass.

Empty servers fill up so quickly and its impossible to switch sides if there are 24 players already in the game as it will not allow it. Yaster had an OPC event last night and 80% of them got in.

'Battlefield Sundays' is very popular on here and we usually kick off around 8pm. Can I suggest if you wish, Make an event for this Sunday so you can have a good idea how it works before arranging a match. We can try and fill it with oaps as a trial run :wink:

I've been in touch with a couple of communities regarding matches but its been a bit of a non starter until private servers are implemented.
Wilks
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Fri 25 Nov 2011, 4:32 pm

Gilgenbach wrote: And no, I did not know about a German Legion in the Crimea, if you have any sources / book tips for me, drop me a PM please. Would interest me a lot!

Sent you PM yesterday, but I'm not sure you have got it. Check your messages and let me know if not.
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby shadstah » Fri 25 Nov 2011, 8:07 pm

Great idea Rob and It may become a lot easier to arrange as DICE have said that we will be able to rent PS3 servers once private servers are up and running :D

No details on prices etc etc as of yet but at least we know now that private servers are coming.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624761381985/

Convo was from Battlefield twitter, found the tweet but have no idea how to link tweets :lol:
shadstah
Meals on Wheels Eater

Awards Cabinet

Postby Wilks » Fri 25 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

shadstah77 wrote:Great idea Rob and It may become a lot easier to arrange as DICE have said that we will be able to rent PS3 servers once private servers are up and running :D

No details on prices etc etc as of yet but at least we know now that private servers are coming.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624761381985/

Convo was from Battlefield twitter, found the tweet but have no idea how to link tweets :lol:

Not sure what to make of that. We really want private servers but why should we be forced into buying one :(
Wilks
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby SHROUD » Sat 26 Nov 2011, 2:21 pm

I agree its just another money making scheme. The unfortunate thing is if it succeeds they'll all be doing it. I for one will not be paying for a private server.
SHROUD
False Teeth Thrasher

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gilgenbach » Tue 29 Nov 2011, 6:59 pm

Hi,

just to keep you updated, there is a BIG interest. They are thinking about something unofficial first, us and them together on one server (BF3) no matter if someones on the wrong side.

For something official they are thinking Battlefield 1943.

More if I have the info

Cheerio

PS: Just got a note from their admin. They have done things like that (BF3 wise) before. They formed squads with friends they have on their lists and just entered empty servers by squads. He told me that worked fine.
Gilgenbach
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby roger947 » Sat 03 Dec 2011, 10:15 am

Any more news on this topic Rob?
Are your fellow countrymen up for this or what?
roger947
Gum Gnasher

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gilgenbach » Sat 03 Dec 2011, 10:34 am

roger947 wrote:Any more news on this topic Rob?
Are your fellow countrymen up for this or what?

They are still forming up. They want to play BF3, thats all I got right now.Will keep you updated!
Gilgenbach
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby Wilks » Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:25 pm

Is this going to happen now we got private servers? I think Wussel has got lost in 1942. You still about? :lol:
Wilks
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

Tweet sent to try and wake him from his slumber...
ImageImage
Click Signature for OAPs participating in the "365 Trophies in 365 Days Challenge"
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gilgenbach » Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:53 pm

HELLO! GOOD MORNING,

I kind of quit talking to the germans. There was lots of moaning, and only 5 people or so said they might have interest.
I will drop them another line if you want. Of what date were you thinking of? On Saturday there will be lots of drinking on my part and I wont be at home. Sunday night would work though.

Good to be back :-) Will install the patch tomorow evening when i am home from my LAST DAY AT THE OLD JOB.

Take care mates

Rob
Gilgenbach
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby roger947 » Thu 29 Mar 2012, 6:56 pm

Gilgenbach wrote:HELLO! GOOD MORNING,

I kind of quit talking to the germans. There was lots of moaning, and only 5 people or so said they might have interest.
I will drop them another line if you want. Of what date were you thinking of? On Saturday there will be lots of drinking on my part and I wont be at home. Sunday night would work though.

Good to be back :-) Will install the patch tomorow evening when i am home from my LAST DAY AT THE OLD JOB.

Take care mates

Rob

we missed you Rob :bawling:
roger947
Gum Gnasher

Awards Cabinet

PreviousNext

Return to Challenge OAP