Volunteer presenters required

Ever wondered what OAP members grumble about into their recordable 8-tracks? Well now you can find out. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Volunteer presenters required

Postby DaddyR » Tue 16 Sep 2008, 3:45 pm

Do you have a face for radio? The ability to be opinionated about a wide range of gaming topics? Have Skype? And can spare 2 hours once a month (at the very most)?

Then you could help present the OAPodcast.

One of the things that we've already discussed is, like OAP gaming in general, we don't want this podcast to take over our lives. So having a pool of presenters to call on so that the show can be recorded on a regular basis but isn't reliant upon the same four people every time would be massively useful. We also think that if you've suggested a topic (see elsewhere) it would be ace if you could contribute to that show.

If that's the case let us know below. I'll create an OAPodcast game so that we can schedule events easier so also add that "game" when you get the chance.
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby Nightsun » Tue 16 Sep 2008, 3:57 pm

Having never been accused of being opinionated, I'd love the opportunity to share my pearls of wisdom with the young whipper snappers joining our hallowed halls.
Oap'ing since Pontius was a Pilot
Nightsun
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby HoodedClaw » Tue 16 Sep 2008, 4:42 pm

Being one of many long standing oaps and had various inputs over the years, I dont mind having a go... although its far to geeky!
Keeping Sigs Simple since Apr 23 2003
HoodedClaw
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Sydark » Tue 16 Sep 2008, 4:56 pm

I'd possibly get involved. As long as it was a topic I could witter on about. I'd probably get nervous and start crying or something, though. lol.

Gaming macht frei
Sydark
Gin Rummy Shark

Awards Cabinet

Postby c00ky » Tue 16 Sep 2008, 5:11 pm

Although my gaming started with Socom on the PS2. I dont mind hearing the sound of my voice and I believe I have wittering down to a fine art, so you could use me for filler!
c00ky
Award Nerkin (Ret.)

Awards Cabinet

Postby thecreeper77 » Tue 16 Sep 2008, 5:50 pm

As a professional thesp, I would love the opportunity to chat shit about all things us oldies like to chat shit about.
thecreeper77
Cat Food Hoarder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Yaster » Tue 16 Sep 2008, 6:29 pm

Even if you don't feel like you're up for stiing in front of thr PC for more than an hour and still want to get involved thinking about an idea for a feature is still great.

And to get your voice on, if you want to send us a recorded message, or even have a 5 minute rant about any topic (in a feature we may or may not call "The Soap Box") then feel free to send it in. Theres not a mail box or anything set up as far as I know so if you have anyhting just post it here or if you have a file to send send it to either DaddyR or myself as it looks like it'll be one of us doing the recording.
Join the [OAP] Discord server.
Yaster
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby wilskywalker » Tue 16 Sep 2008, 8:06 pm

I'd be up for joining in, but I don't have skype, maybe I could do some of the recorded guest bit parts, will these be about anything you want or will they be pre-decided and someone then goes off and records on that particular topic??
wilskywalker
Mumbler Extrordinaire

Awards Cabinet

Postby Yaster » Tue 16 Sep 2008, 8:28 pm

If you have an idea for something you want to talk about, like a mini monologue then let us know what its about and send it in. E-mail I think is the best way, a link to my address is at the bottom of all my posts
Yaster
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Dillonstar » Wed 17 Sep 2008, 10:32 am

Love to get involved guys. I even have a skype phone (and can get a good deal on them for other as I work for '3' ;) ) for mobile podcasts...!

D*
Dillonstar
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Jonah » Wed 17 Sep 2008, 10:35 am

D* wrote:Love to get involved guys.

That's an 18 certificate needed then.. ;)
Jonah
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Dillonstar » Wed 17 Sep 2008, 11:28 am

Jonah wrote:
D* wrote:Love to get involved guys.

That's an 18 certificate needed then.. ;)

You F**king knows it...!!!

D*
Dillonstar
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Yaster » Wed 17 Sep 2008, 11:32 am

good job we're all grown ups then. :Y:

cheers for volunteering D*. We're just needing to work out when the next cast will be recorded.
Yaster
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Numas » Wed 17 Sep 2008, 11:44 am

I'd like to help out where I can, though maybe not on the mic.. got a voice like Jonathan Woss... on Coke!! Though I have been told I'm very opinionated... though very sarcastic

I listen to tons gaming and tech podcasts (some basted stole the Ariel off my car!, and not had a chance to get a new one) so have a good idea on what sort of content is good and not; I'd happy to do a bit of production and editing work..
Numas
Green House Attendant

Awards Cabinet

Postby roguetrooper » Wed 17 Sep 2008, 11:52 am

My music teacher once told me I had a beautiful voice..it is probably time the world at large heard it ;)
roguetrooper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to OAPodcast