Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Get outside for some fresh air and have a natter in the garden...If it isn't directly related to Playstation online gaming or the OAP community, then talk it over here. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby solo-nite » Mon 05 Feb 2018, 5:59 pm

The trailer is finally here for the new star wars film which is out May 25th

I can't wait to watch this film. I am a bit nervous if the Han solo actor can pull it off, I hope he can.

The Millennium Falcon looks amazing all shiny and new. Also Han's mentor looks cool and it's good to see where Han gets moves from.

See what you think

Image
User avatar
solo-nite
Meals on Wheels Eater
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby Mulletino » Mon 05 Feb 2018, 11:26 pm

solo-nite wrote:
I can't wait to watch this film. I am a bit nervous if the Han solo actor can pull it off, I hope he can.


Same here.

Be interesting to see how the falcon goes from that odd shape to the iconic shape we all know and love.
Unless it's an attachment to make it easier to do the Kessel Run.
Image
User avatar
Mulletino
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 11469
Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004, 7:00 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby roguetrooper » Tue 06 Feb 2018, 10:13 am

I have a bad feeling about it..

Wooden Harrelson delivers his line like he was channelling his inner plank and Han Solo looks more like Harry Styles than an intergalactic scoundrel.
User avatar
roguetrooper
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 9766
Joined: Sun 13 Apr 2003, 7:00 am
Location: Preston, Lancs

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby solo-nite » Tue 06 Feb 2018, 5:45 pm

roguetrooper wrote:I have a bad feeling about it..

Wooden Harrelson delivers his line like he was channelling his inner plank and Han Solo looks more like Harry Styles than an intergalactic scoundrel.


Yea I am not so sure about it. The actor who is playing Lando looks the part 100% and at some angles the Han looks good but not sure.

The millennium falcon looks stunning and the actor playing Chewbacca looks spot on :Y:
Image
User avatar
solo-nite
Meals on Wheels Eater
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby Mulletino » Tue 06 Feb 2018, 11:55 pm

solo-nite wrote:
the actor playing Chewbacca looks spot on :Y:


Ah but I have issues with his performance in TLJ, he hasn't quite mastered Mayhew's subtle head movements that brought Chewbacca to life, he sits quite woodenly in some scenes, as they say, when your face is masked you have to exagerate your movements. Being the right height and bunging on a furry suit isn't enough, he needs to watch Mayhew's performances and learn from them.
Image
User avatar
Mulletino
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 11469
Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004, 7:00 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby solo-nite » Wed 07 Feb 2018, 1:56 am

Mulletino wrote:
solo-nite wrote:
the actor playing Chewbacca looks spot on :Y:


Ah but I have issues with his performance in TLJ, he hasn't quite mastered Mayhew's subtle head movements that brought Chewbacca to life, he sits quite woodenly in some scenes, as they say, when your face is masked you have to exagerate your movements. Being the right height and bunging on a furry suit isn't enough, he needs to watch Mayhew's performances and learn from them.


Err I was joking I thought it was mayhew lol
Image
User avatar
solo-nite
Meals on Wheels Eater
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby Mulletino » Wed 07 Feb 2018, 11:06 pm

Nah it's some herdy gerdy basketballer.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ole-978174

He also played Chewie in the newer films for some scenes that involved walking/running i believe.
Image
User avatar
Mulletino
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 11469
Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004, 7:00 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby solo-nite » Wed 07 Feb 2018, 11:38 pm

Mulletino wrote:Nah it's some herdy gerdy basketballer.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ole-978174

He also played Chewie in the newer films for some scenes that involved walking/running i believe.


Wow I never knew that
Image
User avatar
solo-nite
Meals on Wheels Eater
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby Sav » Sat 26 May 2018, 7:10 am

Watched it last night. Was a good film - I left with a smile on my face. Yeah all the tools online might say not as good as blah blah story this character that yadda yadda but I enjoyed the film. Haters gonna hate and they can kiss my hoop.
Image
Not watching any football since whenever.
User avatar
Sav
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 10965
Joined: Thu 10 Jul 2003, 7:00 am
Location: Launceston, Tasmania

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby Mulletino » Sun 27 May 2018, 11:49 pm

I still haven't seen it, will likely go on my own though, with one can ]of this.

I'll be seeing Solo solo with a solo Solo.
Image
User avatar
Mulletino
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 11469
Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004, 7:00 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby solo-nite » Wed 30 May 2018, 7:58 pm

I watched this the other night and I really enjoyed it. Lots of knight of the old republic references which I totally geeked out too.

Nice to see the underworld side of things. Han and Chewbacca friendship is great
Image
User avatar
solo-nite
Meals on Wheels Eater
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby Mulletino » Wed 30 May 2018, 10:57 pm

Image
User avatar
Mulletino
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 11469
Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004, 7:00 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby Mulletino » Mon 04 Jun 2018, 12:50 am

Saw Solo yesterday, it's restored my faith in the Disney Star Wars movies.

Really enjoyed it, loved the easter eggs, the performances were all great without being OTT, a couple of parts got me in the feels and I even grinned a few times.
Image
User avatar
Mulletino
Retired Elder
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 11469
Joined: Tue 22 Jun 2004, 7:00 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Solo - A Star Wars Story trailer

Postby solo-nite » Thu 07 Jun 2018, 9:06 am

Mulletino wrote:Saw Solo yesterday, it's restored my faith in the Disney Star Wars movies.

Really enjoyed it, loved the easter eggs, the performances were all great without being OTT, a couple of parts got me in the feels and I even grinned a few times.



I totally agree with you, I really enjoyed this film. It had everything, a really gritty underworld star wars film. It had action, comedy, romance and drama without being too much of one thing.
Image
User avatar
solo-nite
Meals on Wheels Eater
 
Awards Cabinet
Posts: 672
Joined: Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests