Rinse & Repeat

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Rinse & Repeat

Postby MANNY--21 » Wed 03 Apr 2019, 1:10 pm

Hi there,
So this is my second intro having initially joined around 13 years ago.
Tried logging back in after an absent few years but no joy (account deleted) so here I am again :lol:

A little bit about myself, I have been a PlayStationer since PSOne's initial release back in 1995 and have never really stopped playing. I'm currently hooked on Division 2, although my leveliing isn't going as fast as I had hoped :roll:

I like all types of games but a firm favourite of mine is the Uncharted Series, along with Mortal Kombat & the new Wolfenstien series, gore galore :twisted:

Looking forward to gaming with you OAPs

Manny
MANNY--21
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Re: Rinse & Repeat

Postby Saltyballz81 » Wed 03 Apr 2019, 6:15 pm

Hello mate and welcome back. I'm sure some of the 'OGs' around here will remember you. There is a quite a few dedicated OAPs playing Div 2. I'm sure they'll help with the leveling up. :Y:

Hope to catch you ingame in the future. :)
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby MANNY--21 » Wed 03 Apr 2019, 6:41 pm

Thanks, Roguetrooper kindly added me to the Div2 OAP clan the other day.

Also, I forgot to mention my PSN ID is MANNY—21.
MANNY--21
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Wed 03 Apr 2019, 11:21 pm

Howdy Manny, welcome to the OAP forum (again).

Were there any other gaming systems prior to the PlayStation that put a smile on Manny faces? (sorry couldn't resist a He-man related pun there).
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby MANNY--21 » Thu 04 Apr 2019, 5:53 am

Hi Mulletino,

I respect the pun. Well my first ever gaming system was the ZX Spectrum, this was followed by the SEGA Mega Drive playing Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, Mortal Kombat... I then traded up for the SNES where I began to enjoy Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Street Fighter. After that I became a PlayStation owner and have never looked back. Good times!

What about you?
MANNY--21
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Thu 04 Apr 2019, 11:14 am

Hi Manny, welcome back. Playing a bit of Division 2 myself at the moment, how are you finding it?
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby MANNY--21 » Thu 04 Apr 2019, 1:30 pm

Thanks Bondalike, I am enjoying Division 2 very much, love the gameplay and visuals. Currently working through the story, trying to get to level 30 so I can begin the end game content. I should get there soon, I hope :|
The only thing I find odd about the game is that your character doesn't react or respond in cut scenes, a minor gripe but still. Also, it's a shame you can't bump into other players when free roaming. How about you?
MANNY--21
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby roguetrooper » Thu 04 Apr 2019, 7:41 pm

Welcome back dude ;)

FYI Manny and me work together. :Y:
roguetrooper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Thu 04 Apr 2019, 11:07 pm

MANNY--21 wrote:Hi Mulletino,

I respect the pun. Well my first ever gaming system was the ZX Spectrum, this was followed by the SEGA Mega Drive playing Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Sonic, Mortal Kombat... I then traded up for the SNES where I began to enjoy Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Street Fighter. After that I became a PlayStation owner and have never looked back. Good times!

What about you?

I never went the NES/SNES route so mine went something like this:

Atari VCS, Game & Watch, ZX Spectrum, C128, Sega Master System, Amiga 500, Sega Megadrive, Amiga 1200, PC , Gameboy, GBA, PlayStation, (I got back into retro gaming for a bit and bought then sold these, CD32, Amiga 1200, C64, C128D, Amstrad CPC464), N64, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, PSP, PS3, Wii, Xbox360, PS4, WiiU, Xbox One.

I still play games from most of those platforms still today thanks to emulation and the retropie. I _do_ have some of my old consoles (Atari and two Megadrives) but it's easier to play on the emulators. On th eplus side though my three year old loves playing Sonic II and even has it on the iPad he's allowed to use. His best mate is also three and his dad is a Nintendo nut so he's obsessed with Mario, I bought Sonic and Mario at the Winter Olympics on the Wii recently so they can play each other as their favourite characters. :)
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Saltyballz81 » Fri 05 Apr 2019, 12:28 am

Thanks to whoever BC'd Manny. I tried for ages, couldn't remember my password. Sorry mate :wink:
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby MANNY--21 » Fri 05 Apr 2019, 7:52 am

roguetrooper wrote:Welcome back dude ;)

FYI Manny and me work together. :Y:

Good to be back mate! Looking forward to gaming again with you all.
MANNY--21
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby MANNY--21 » Fri 05 Apr 2019, 7:56 am

Mulletino wrote:
MANNY--21 wrote:Hi Mulletino,

What about you?

I never went the NES/SNES route so mine went something like this:

Atari VCS, Game & Watch, ZX Spectrum, C128, Sega Master System, Amiga 500, Sega Megadrive, Amiga 1200, PC , Gameboy, GBA, PlayStation, (I got back into retro gaming for a bit and bought then sold these, CD32, Amiga 1200, C64, C128D, Amstrad CPC464), N64, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, PSP, PS3, Wii, Xbox360, PS4, WiiU, Xbox One.

I still play games from most of those platforms still today thanks to emulation and the retropie. I _do_ have some of my old consoles (Atari and two Megadrives) but it's easier to play on the emulators. On th eplus side though my three year old loves playing Sonic II and even has it on the iPad he's allowed to use. His best mate is also three and his dad is a Nintendo nut so he's obsessed with Mario, I bought Sonic and Mario at the Winter Olympics on the Wii recently so they can play each other as their favourite characters. :)

WOW that's some route, I too had a few handhelds; Game Gear, Gameboy, PSP, Nintendo DS. Not a patch on you though :D
MANNY--21
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby MANNY--21 » Fri 05 Apr 2019, 7:58 am

Saltyballz81 wrote:Thanks to whoever BC'd Manny. I tried for ages, couldn't remember my password. Sorry mate :wink:

Thank you indeed :Y: Now I just need to get rid of this Biscuit Dunker tag :rofl:
MANNY--21
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Solid_slug » Sat 06 Apr 2019, 7:10 am

Hi Manny. I'll fire u a friend request over.
Solid_slug
Tepid Tea Drinker

Awards Cabinet

Postby kaycee2011 » Sun 07 Apr 2019, 3:58 pm

Hi Manny, welcome! Im hooked on Div 2 at the moment aswell. Although the grind factor is starting to get a little tiresome so not sure for how much longer.
Also loved Uncharted and looking forward to 'The Last of Us 2'
kaycee2011
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to Introductions