[BC'd] Newbie Alert!!!

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby FazerFlipper » Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:01 pm

Just a trick. At the time that the 636 came out I remember the controversy, arguably killing the cross over between track and road homologation. Having said that supposed to be a cracking road bike due to the increased torque.

Can't please all the people all of the time :wink: isn't that the benefit of being an OAP, these differences matter less?
ImageImage
Click Signature for OAPs participating in the "365 Trophies in 365 Days Challenge"
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Dazed_One » Tue 08 Nov 2011, 11:10 pm

FazerFlipper wrote:Just a quick note to thank those who were on BF3 tonight, especially Dazed and Mnky, sorry I am so slow, tried to do lots of spotting (and probably some unconventional choice of class, ass I don't know what to do with anyone other than Assault). I WILL GET BETTER :roll:

What I do like is the number of people that have been willing to friend me, I started last week with two people on my friends list, as had been the way since I got my PS3. I'm now up to double figures and it makes jumping into games a much more relaxed affair, given that I won't necessarily be jumping in with folks who take it mega seriously when I spawn onto a crashing heli!

Hey Fazer, enjoyed squading up with you tonight. Playing Rush against a good team like that all night isn't a soft introduction to Battlefield and thought you held your own very well! Your spotting was certainly a benefit to me :-)

As you may have noticed/may have been told, Battlefield is about the teamwork, and the crappy crappy oh so crappy comms do make that difficult at the moment. Fingers crossed for a fix soon, as I expect you'll find a decent OAP squad will have you playing better in no time(ish;)). Hopefully see you on a Conquest game soon :D
Dazed_One
Cat Food Hoarder

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Fri 11 Nov 2011, 12:29 pm

Any more probing to be done just now?

Enjoyed BF3 again last night, hope I didn't offend you Wilks by moving squads following the invite but wanted to mix about a little. Watty, you are quite handy in a tank and Tobyjuggler, twas good fun following you around being a bullet magnet. I would note though, that despite my k/d ratio is managed to come 2nd in my squad and 6th in my team. Long live BF3 where you don't have to kill to progress.
ImageImage
Click Signature for OAPs participating in the "365 Trophies in 365 Days Challenge"
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby The Elders » Fri 11 Nov 2011, 9:01 pm

All rise!

I am the Metatron, the all seeing all knowing collective presence and conscience of The Elders. I'm supposed to lay dormant and mysterious for hundreds of years between brief stints in an awakened state to allow new (old) blood into these hallowed halls, but just lately I've been up and out of bed and back more times than the bleedin' R Whites secret lemonade drinker, and quite frankly I'm a little tired of it and more than a tad grumpy.

FazerFlipper, step forward and present yourself before me..

Oooh nice slippers

You come in here posting fancy introductions, you engage in banter with Bowling Club members, you join in several games online and chat to said BC members, and then to top it all off you even claim to have read the constitution.

Are you for real?

We don't think so, your application for membership into the single greatest online community this side of anywhere, has been denied. Apologies.

Haaaaa got you! You should of seen your face just then, Classic!

Adam from Bristol & Edinburgh, AKA Fazerflipper, aged 33 or 35, (we'll call it 34), wearer of hats designed for people twice your age, champion of comfy slippers (with socks? Really?). You have been probed and prodded and courted by our sometimes ruthless BC and you have survived, you have also passed the triple secret probation (yeah that’s right, triple. We didn’t tell you about the 3rd secret probation, cos it was secret) and you've even survived being outed as a 'real life' mate of Sharky, the embarrassment of that will fade over time, the posts proving your association however, will not.

Do you know what all this means?

20 goto 10 welcome to full Bowling Club membership!

You now have access to several more forums, so have a good old nose about and familiarise yourself with what goes where, you can sign up for OAP events now too, and make sure you add your email in the announce list over there <<<<<<<<< so we can keep you abreast (snigger, I said ‘breast’) of important news and updates.

But above all sir, you may now wear the sacred [OAP] tag – wear it with pride my friend.

Well what are you waiting for? Get out of my sight I’m off back to bed!
The Elders
The Metatron

Awards Cabinet

Postby Jonah » Fri 11 Nov 2011, 9:11 pm

Welcome FF!

My, the metatron has been a busy little bee.
Jonah
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Sav » Fri 11 Nov 2011, 9:18 pm

Nice darts FF :)

Busy indeed Stu, you might need to unlock the secret 'break here in case of emergency' cupboard that RT left behind to give The Metatron a bit of a lift :)
Not watching any football since whenever.
Sav
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Fri 11 Nov 2011, 9:21 pm

All hail the mighty Elders of the OAP kingdom.

It is with much humility that I do gratefully accept the hand of friendship which has been extended so freely, albeit somewhat uncomfortably (the nurse whilst gentle was still firm!). The jest contained within thy confirmatory message was distressing considering the quantity of gin which has herein been consumed this evening. My face was indeed tripped 8O .

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the ladies who baked the cakes, without their efforts my Kill to death ratio would be hilarious.

I look forward to developing myself up the rungs of the organisation, such that one day I will not be known as "RubberBullettCouldn'tShootForToffeeGetYourKillCountUpOverHereSoftTargetCluelessProby" it is with great thanks that I crawl off humiliated to a slow and messy demise.

FazerFlipper
ImageImage
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Croftona » Fri 11 Nov 2011, 9:29 pm

Welcome Fazer, Think we might have to get you to run a 'the right way to post an intro' workshop for future proby's.

Nice work.
Croftona
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby ciclouseau » Sat 12 Nov 2011, 12:17 am

I will not pretend to know what FazerFlipper means but you are indeed welcome to the Bowling Club
ciclouseau
Bingo Freak

Awards Cabinet

Postby Alpine_Atum » Sat 12 Nov 2011, 12:51 am

Welcome to the BC FazerFlipper. :D
PSN: Alpine_Atum

Alpine_Atum
Trolley Trundler

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Sat 12 Nov 2011, 1:02 am

Thanks for your welcomes.
ciclouseau wrote:I will not pretend to know what FazerFlipper means but you are indeed welcome to the Bowling Club

Translation of above message, I'm "made up", well it is a Friday night so a little lipstick and high heel shoeage isn't inappropriate, is it?
ImageImage
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Sat 12 Nov 2011, 1:15 am

Excellent, well done Mr Flipper. I have enjoyed reading your introduction thread a lot more than my own. It seems there's a few of us new boys to share the tea duties now. :)
Today the BC, tomorrow the Battlefield, and then at some point in the future when the kids stop demanding so much attention, the World. :lol:
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Sat 12 Nov 2011, 1:19 am

I will be breaking out my famous 3 shot bottomless portafilter on my espresso machine in the morning in celebration, before that, child 2.0 must sleep at some point :wink:
ImageImage
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Sat 12 Nov 2011, 2:18 am

Welcome to the BC FF!

Oooh FF - Fighting Fantasy, the Steve Jackson and Ian Livingston books of days gone by where you could cheat by keeping your thumb in the previous page before taking the next step if it was bad. Also on the PSN now too, some new story but the original Warlock of Firetop Mountain was put on this week, although I still have the book (and a few others).

FazerFlipper - I thought your name came about from a hatred of TV Dolphins and your desires to set upon them with a Star Trek gun stolen from a Dyslexic.

Anyway, pull up a footstool and give those slippers a rest. Mine are like this, a no-name brand though but are still real Sheepskin. Branded ones are for teenage girls and tourists you know. ;)
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Wilks » Sat 12 Nov 2011, 2:55 am

Welcome to the club Fazer :D
Wilks
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions