Hello from Okaneman86

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from Okaneman86

Postby Okaneman86 » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:14 pm

Hi guys and gals my name is Peter you can call me Pete if you like !
I am just turning 31 .
I live in Kilrea northern Ireland
and my psn id is ,okaneman86
I have started gaming in 1996/7 with my first console being an Nintendo nes with the iconic super mario bros.
through the years I've progressed to the snes, n64 , ps1 ps2 xbox, wii ,xbox 360,ps3 and a few others in between.
So now I have now purchased a ps4 Pro , and I am loving it , the games I have are COD ww2 , Grand tourismo and very very recent are battlefield 1 and battlefront 2 ! (Thanks terry)
I heard about OAP'S from a great friend of mine , Geriatric44 who I also fly rc model aircraft with . We also race carpet racers and recently have got into slot car racing (scalextric's) which is great craic !
A couple of other hobbies I have is shooting, rc boating and amateur radio HAM.
So that's it from me !
I look forward to meeting and gaming with you now or in future !
P.s thanks to salty for the info on this community too
Okaneman86
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Re: Hello from Okaneman86

Postby Gazman86 » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:22 pm

Hello Pete and welcome, you have no idea how much hassle we've had trying to approve your posts ha ha. Good choice with the Pro, surprising how much better it looks on a 4k TV.

Is the PS4 your only co sole currently?

And so you're aware we have events organised for Cod on Fridays, Battlefront 2 on Saturdays, Battlefield 1 on Sundays, there is also another group who play Gran Turismo on Sunday as well.

So given your list of games you have plenty of choice lol. A few of us are on most nights as well as those days.
Gazman86

Awards Cabinet

Postby Saltyballz81 » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:23 pm

Peteman1986 wrote:Hi guys and gals my name is Peter you can call me Pete if you like !
I am just turning 31 .
I live in Kilrea northern Ireland
and my psn id is ,okaneman86
I have started gaming in 1996/7 with my first console being an Nintendo nes with the iconic super mario bros.
through the years I've progressed to the snes, n64 , ps1 ps2 xbox, wii ,xbox 360,ps3 and a few others in between.
So now I have now purchased a ps4 Pro , and I am loving it , the games I have are COD ww2 , Grand tourismo and very very recent are battlefield 1 and battlefront 2 ! (Thanks terry)
I heard about OAP'S from a great friend of mine , Geriatric44 who I also fly rc model aircraft with . We also race carpet racers and recently have got into slot car racing (scalextric's) which is great craic !
A couple of other hobbies I have is shooting, rc boating and amateur radio HAM.
So that's it from me !
I look forward to meeting and gaming with you now or in future !
P.s thanks to salty for the info on this community too

Welcome Pete, sorry for all your attempts to post this, it was a problem on our side. :oops:

Anyways, glad your here, having already gamed and chatted with you, i know you'll fit right in here! Just be ready to answer all sorts of weird and wonderful questions from the other Oaps that pop by here to say hello. :Y:

See you online later mate. :wink:
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby Okaneman86 » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:36 pm

Gazman86 wrote:Hello Pete and welcome, you have no idea how much hassle we've had trying to approve your posts ha ha. Good choice with the Pro, surprising how much better it looks on a 4k TV.

Is the PS4 your only co sole currently?

And so you're aware we have events organised for Cod on Fridays, Battlefront 2 on Saturdays, Battlefield 1 on Sundays, there is also another group who play Gran Turismo on Sunday as well.

So given your list of games you have plenty of choice lol. A few of us are on most nights as well as those days.

Hello Gazman86 , thank for the add !
, I can imagine your difficulty as I was frustrated with it also.
I have a custom gaming pc too as well as a (cough) 360 which has know been made redundant !
Yeah I'll catch a game or ten with you lol
Not too bothered about gt but I'm up for the rest !
See you on the battlefield !
Okaneman86
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Okaneman86 » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm

Thanks salty , no problem at all !
Thanks for the heads up haha!
Okaneman86
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby lainybobs » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 9:33 pm

Welcome Pete! I'll probably see you on battlefield or battlefront! Very good intro so I have no questions for you!
Lainybobs :pcpunch:
lainybobs
Tepid Tea Drinker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:16 pm

Hi Pete, welcome to OAP!

I've got a question for you, does Tel ever fall asleep when flying his models? ;)
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gazman86 » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:53 pm

:rofl:
Gazman86

Awards Cabinet

Postby Peejers » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 11:05 pm

Can we change your forum name to be your psnid. It makes life easier for us oldies.
Peejers
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 11:17 pm

Welcome!

That's a nice combination of hobbies there! Not tempted to tie things to the AC planes and try to shoot them?

I picked up an old Scalextric set for my boys to watch me play when they're older for $20 from a charity shop the other month, just need to change the contacts to get it working.

My scalextric set as a kid was second hand too, so old it had the cars that you made yourself and the transformer had a cut out button, that kept popping up so we taped it down. It was the 70s, there was no health and safety.
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Geriatric44 » Thu 30 Nov 2017, 11:35 pm

Well well finally it's sorted your intro is here. it is great to see you here mucka I look forward to many a nights gaming as well as all the other interests we share. Great intro as well they will all be thinking this old B gave you a few tips.
To all the other OAPs I vouch from the highest degree for Peter I know he will fit in great here, sure the other night in the chat I couldn't get a word in because of the chat between Salty and him, come to think of it I can never get a word in when Saltys about :)
Bondy if your reading this and he tells you I fall asleep out at the flying club he's telling the truth :lol:
peace and love
Tel :drink:
Geriatric44
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Postby Okaneman86 » Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:13 am

Peejers wrote:Can we change your forum name to be your psnid. It makes life easier for us oldies.

Yes you can , sorry that was a bit of Brain fade in my defense lol
Okaneman86
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Okaneman86 » Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:15 am

lainybobs wrote:Welcome Pete! I'll probably see you on battlefield or battlefront! Very good intro so I have no questions for you!

Thanks Iainybobs , will do !
Okaneman86
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Okaneman86 » Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:17 am

Bondalike wrote:Hi Pete, welcome to OAP!

I've got a question for you, does Tel ever fall asleep when flying his models? ;)

Thanks bondalike ! And yes he does :lol:
Okaneman86
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Okaneman86 » Fri 01 Dec 2017, 12:22 am

Mulletino wrote:Welcome!

That's a nice combination of hobbies there! Not tempted to tie things to the AC planes and try to shoot them?

I picked up an old Scalextric set for my boys to watch me play when they're older for $20 from a charity shop the other month, just need to change the contacts to get it working.

My scalextric set as a kid was second hand too, so old it had the cars that you made yourself and the transformer had a cut out button, that kept popping up so we taped it down. It was the 70s, there was no health and safety.

Thanks mulletino , it sure is !
We have done many crazy things with the models , but you just inspired me now !
Yeah the scalextric is great craic , I'm on the look out now for a car of my own , to save me wrecking the club cars lol
Health & safety ?? What's that lol
Okaneman86
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to Introductions