Hi All....

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi All....

Postby Loodychris » Fri 03 Aug 2018, 11:37 am

Hi All,

My name is Chris. I Am 32 years old, living with my girlfriend in Essex.

I Found you guys when googling Playstation clan forums and an old post from you guys popped up on the Official PS forum. Well done for keeping this place going as long as you have, a lot of gaming forums seem to be dying off for some reason these days.

Anyway, I Have been gaming since a very young age when my Dad handed his Commodore 64 down to me........ from there I went on to the Mega Drive, then on to the Playstation but I didnt really get into gaming in a big way until I got my PS2. I've had every Xbox & Playstation since. Never really been into the Nintendo side of things and never had a PC to game on either.

I Had an Xbox One X but found myself taking more interest in what Playstation had to offer in terms of exclusives and I cant currently afford to keep both so that went up for sale and I decided to stick with my PS4 Pro.

I Am generally quite a simple minded gamer...... give me something to shoot or drive and i'm happy most of the time.
I Do also like a bit of Fifa as well as a good SP game to get engrossed in when I'm not in the mood for multiplayer though.

Currently playing through the COD WW2 campaign and playing a bit of MP as well. Started the download for the BO4 Beta this morning as well so hope to get a go on that this evening and over the weekend. Also have Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Detroit Become Human to play through as well as GT Sport.

Games I'm looking forward to are:
Black Ops 4
Fifa 19
RDR 2
Anthem
Division 2

Also tempted by BFV but not sure if I will get that day one as I usually have to save a game for the other half to get for me as a Xmas present.

Anyway, I've probably waffled on for much longer than I should have so feel free to add me on PS4, my PSN is the same as my username on here....... I may be a bit quiet at first but I do open up once I get used to people and I love to have a laugh and dont take my gaming seriously. I'm not good enough to care if I'm honest.

One thing to note is that I dont have a proper headset yet, I normally just use a pair of Sony music headphones that are designed for use with a phone, they do have a handsfree mic built into them but I'm not sure on the quality of it.

Hopefully see you girls & girls out there soon ;)

Chris
Loodychris
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Re: Hi All....

Postby Saltyballz81 » Fri 03 Aug 2018, 5:55 pm

Hello and welcome Chris, good intro by the way. Used to go round my mates when he had a '64 and i had the Speccy 48k, then i got the Amiga 512k and my house was elected! :lol:

Quite a few OAP's playing some of the games you mentioned, played Horizon and God of war myself, 2 of my favorite games of all time. Epic!

Chuck a few invites out and get stuck in, a few us are playing H1Z1 at the minute, great game and completely free to play, your more than welcome to join us. :Y:

Your headset will be fine i'm sure, tho if you hear somebody snoring in the back of the jeep, do not adjust your headset, thats just our Tel ( Geriatric44 ) having a wee doze, a gentle nudge and he's back in the room! :grandpa:

Hope to catch you in the Fort. :beer:
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby Bondalike » Fri 03 Aug 2018, 8:02 pm

Hi Croffy, welcome to OAP.
Bondalike
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby lainybobs » Sat 04 Aug 2018, 12:07 pm

Welcome to OAP Croffy, I'm looking forward to rdr2 too and am currently addicted to h1z1 like salty. There's a good group of us on most evenings if you wanna give it a try.
Lainybobs :pcpunch:
lainybobs
Tepid Tea Drinker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gazman86 » Sat 04 Aug 2018, 10:57 pm

Great intro, personally I'm playing H1Z1 and rainbow six siege currently. Although I dabble in rocket league now and then too. Looking forward to Battlefield V and red dead 2 myself.

Also played god of war and Horizon. 2 of the best PS4 exclusives in my opinion. Didn't really rate uncharted 4. Just seemed to be endless climbing which got on my nerves.

Anyway welcome to oaps and feel free to chuck some invites out. Most people's psns are the same as their user id.
Gazman86

Awards Cabinet

Postby solo-nite » Sun 05 Aug 2018, 5:46 pm

Croffy86 wrote:
I Found you guys when googling Playstation clan forums and an old post from you guys popped up on the Official PS forum.

Ooh we are famous :bow: :rofl:

Welcome Chris to the OAPs, it's great to have you here. The PlayStation defiantly has the best exclusives ever.
I started my gaming world with commodore 64 as well, great machine. I then went to super Nintendo for a few years and I got every PlayStation since then.

A lot of us are looking forward to red dead redemption 2 as well. I am keeping an eye out for anthem and division 2 as well
I am defiantly getting battlefield V, RDR 2, fallout 76 and resident evil 2 remake.

Like the others I am hooked into H1Z1, also I play fortnite, Street fighter V, no man's sky and a host of others.

Feel free to add me to PSN, my ID is same as username
Solo-nite
solo-nite
Meals on Wheels Eater

Awards Cabinet

Postby zb100 » Mon 06 Aug 2018, 12:18 pm

Croffy86 wrote:Hopefully see you girls & girls out there soon ;)

Ola Croffy and just coz some of us lads favour a longer cut than others... ;)
zb100
Green House Attendant

Awards Cabinet

Postby Geriatric44 » Mon 06 Aug 2018, 2:39 pm

Hello and Welcome
I too am playing H1Z1 at present whilst patiently waitng for BF 5.
Great intro by the way hope to see you in the servers, but which is best cake or biscuits, tea or coffee though my prefered drink is ASDAs finest box of cheap wine :D :D :beer: :beer: :drink: :drink:
peace and love
Tel
Geriatric44
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Postby TehRadge » Thu 09 Aug 2018, 2:47 pm

Heyah Crofty, welcome!
Join the [OAP] Discord server.
TehRadge
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Mon 13 Aug 2018, 8:53 pm

Hiya Croffy, welcome to OAP and what a good intro post. I am enjoying Horizon at the moment, playing it in lonely hotel rooms in the west country whilst away on work.
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:33 pm

Hi Croffy (thought it said crofty at first, as did Yaster by the looks of it)!

No such thing as too much waffling here, we'll waffle until we go blue, just don't google that!

Nice list of old systems there mate! I grew up in Essex and was back there last month, was good to see games for the old commy and speccy (still wish i'd bought The Last V8 and Spellbound) in a shop in Southend High Street, shame the rest of the high street has gone down hill!
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby zb100 » Tue 14 Aug 2018, 7:39 am

Morning Croffers. Do NOT eat the blue waffle.
zb100
Green House Attendant

Awards Cabinet

Postby TehRadge » Tue 14 Aug 2018, 8:21 am

Mulletino wrote:Hi Croffy (thought it said crofty at first, as did Yaster by the looks of it)!
Oh yeah, hey is that Croftona still around?
Join the [OAP] Discord server.
TehRadge
Zimmer Wielder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Solid_slug » Tue 14 Aug 2018, 6:54 pm

Hi mate. Welcome. Send me fr over. Psn is solid_slug
Solid_slug
Tepid Tea Drinker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Loodychris » Thu 16 Aug 2018, 1:03 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry for the confusion but would someone be able to change my username to Loodychris? This is my original PSN account that I'd forgotten the details to, so I started up the Croffy one but have now figured it all out and am back to my original.

Also, apologies for lack of activity but now I've figured this out I will start to fire out friend requests etc. I Have also been quite busy lately and can now announce that myself and my other half are expecting our first child as well.

Baby is due 19/2/19 and we're also due to move home 1/2/19.

Busy/ stressful start to the new year so will have to get as much gaming done as I can in the next 5 or so months :)
Loodychris
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to Introductions