New Joiner Hopefully.

New to the Forums? Please feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....we don't bite (unless you want us to). Please read the "How to become an OAP" announcement before applying for membership. Open to all but must be registered to post.

Moderator: Moderators

New Joiner Hopefully.

Postby Killer_Kipling » Sun 09 Sep 2018, 12:47 pm

Hi Gang.

Killer_Kipling here. (Steve, 55 Years Young :grandpa: )

I started off with the PS2 and just loved playing MOH, I had all of them and the expansions, then went quiet for a while then grabbed myself a PS3 and grabbed me a copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2. Holy crap did I love that game, and the Vietnam expansion too. I logged thousands of hours on BC2.

Then I picked up BF3, which I liked but not as much, then BF4 which I really enjoyed and then of course BF1. But for the life of me, I just couldn't get into it at all.

It wasn't that the game was rubbish, I just didn't click with it as I did with the others.

I tried COD but got bored quickly with the tiny maps and children screaming in your ears that shouldn't even own the game.

I'm not into driving games I find them too samey, and the star wars stuff is not for me either. I'm a shooter person and that's my thing.

I like playing the objective and usually play the Medic class to help others that are usually too stupid to play it because they don't get the whole "Team Work" thing, which is disappointing because it is much more enjoyable to work together and get more benefits and experience.

I use a pair of the new Lucid Sound LS40's, and there blinking great, battery charge lasts longer than I can play for.

I was so looking forward to the new BF5, but, after downloading it on the PS4 and playing today for a few hours I am underwhelmed at this point. The weapon switching is really weird and doesn't work properly, and I'm not impressed with the graphics either yet, I only played on the other big map, not Rotterdam because the queues were silly to join a game.

I was under the impression that a Beta was pretty much the game ready to release, but in final testing / server stress testing etc, but if this is how it is a launch then I'll stay with BF4 :soapbox:

I hope it's not the case though, because after trying COD WW2 I was really looking forward to Battlefield V because of how much better they usually are and the maps being bigger with more vehicles too.

Two rather disappointing reviews here though, which after watching them after playing the game I completely agree with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdep0iacx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl55Dq0o36E

Anyhoo, nice to meet you all and hope to catch up with you on the PS somewhere :beer:

I work weird hours sometimes in the Hospital and different days just to make you aware.
I'm here to enjoy myself and have fun. Life's far too short for anything else :roll:
Killer_Kipling
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Re: New Joiner Hopefully.

Postby Saltyballz81 » Sun 09 Sep 2018, 6:50 pm

Welcome buddy, that's a fantastic intro! How did you come across OAPs? I'm also playing the BFV beta at the moment, although i quite enjoy it, it definitely needs work done before its release.

I still play BF4 occasionaly and H1Z1 sometimes. Starwars Battlefront has been a let down both times so i'm not holding out for a decent 3rd installment. :roll:

Chuck some friend requests out and get stuck in pal, see you in the trenches. :Y:
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby Gazman86 » Sun 09 Sep 2018, 7:21 pm

Great intro and welcome, a lot of us here play shooters so you'll fit in fine. Have to say I'm enjoying the BFV beta, granted it's very different and I've had to adjust my play style, after that it's great. Few things that need addressing though, which according to their Twitter account they are doing.

Star wars, don't think I'll ever buy another battlefront game. 2 massive let downs.
Gazman86

Awards Cabinet

Postby Killer_Kipling » Sun 09 Sep 2018, 7:38 pm

Thanks both.

I will have another go at BFV later tonight, but I am buggered if I can get the medic thing to work right. How do you do it on the PS4?

I mean what do you press to get the syringe out etc?

I really am all for making the game more challenging etc, which usually makes it more rewarding doesn't it?

I'm just very surprised at the cap quality of this BETA it should be good to go, just final testing. This looks more like an Alpha to me.

Anyway, please feel free to add me at your convenience fellas.

Many thanks, and it's good to be with like minded people who are of similar ages and playing styles.

Oh and I came across your thread on the playstation forums. :bow:
I'm here to enjoy myself and have fun. Life's far too short for anything else :roll:
Killer_Kipling
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Boba UK » Sun 09 Sep 2018, 8:53 pm

Hello and welcome. I don't think Battlefield has never matched BC2 which was absolutely amazing although that might just be the nostalgia talking. I agree that weapon switching on the BF5 beta is broken for some classes but I assume they'll fix it before release. Spotting was one of my favourite mechanics (cos I'm shit at shooting) so I'm gutted it's been removed for most classes
Last edited by Boba UK on Mon 10 Sep 2018, 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boba UK
Champion Werthers Sucker

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Sun 09 Sep 2018, 11:31 pm

Welcome KK, so you back exceedingly dangerous cakes?

Nice intro! Bad Company 2 did have a thing about it that hasn't been matched since, the Vietnam add on was great, my favourite era of warfare.

Did you own any other consoles before the old PlayStation? Any 8-bit or 16-bit love in that shooter loving heart of yours?
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Sav » Mon 10 Sep 2018, 10:08 am

Hello KK and welcome.

I don't post or play much any more so most of the talk about recent games is beyond me.

Can one of the Elders please check the Constitution regarding multiple users with baking-related usernames please?
Not watching any football since whenever.
Sav
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby kaycee2011 » Mon 10 Sep 2018, 6:39 pm

Hi Kipling - welcome! Great intro :grin: ...I feel the same about bf5, will probably still get it though due to the lack of other games and it is quite fun on a Sunday night with a group of oaps talking drunken rubbish (some more than others- Salty :grin: )
Anyway, hope you enjoy being a member here.....
kaycee2011
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Peejers » Mon 10 Sep 2018, 7:44 pm

KK a few questions

1. Do you like Flying?
2. Do you participate in Scuba Diving?
3. Do you Live in the Midlands?
4. Have you ever worked for the NHS?
5. Finish this Phrase or saying Unlike the British Government.....
Peejers
Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Mulletino » Mon 10 Sep 2018, 11:00 pm

Do you like Pina Colada?
Mulletino
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Postby Saltyballz81 » Tue 11 Sep 2018, 12:14 am

Mulletino wrote:Do you like Pina Colada?

And getting caught in the rain?
Saltyballz81

Awards Cabinet

Postby Killer_Kipling » Tue 11 Sep 2018, 2:10 pm

[quote="Peejers"]KK a few questions

1. Do you like Flying?
2. Do you participate in Scuba Diving?
3. Do you Live in the Midlands?
4. Have you ever worked for the NHS?
5. Finish this Phrase or saying Unlike the British Government.... I learn from my mistakes

Yes, But I couldn't seem to remember anything because it was from quite a long time ago, so thought it best to start over.

I just looked and yep, 8 years, no wonder I couldn't remember anything.

When I tried looking before it didn't come back with anything because I wasn't registered so wasn't allowed to search?

Anyway, feel free to delete one or the other, whichever you see fit.

Many thanks
Killer_Kipling
Biscuit Dunker

Awards Cabinet

Postby DaddyR » Fri 14 Sep 2018, 8:15 am

Hello K_K - a class OAP intro; detailed, interesting, well spelt and grammered, and forgetting that a similar job was started 8 years ago and not finished!

I don't find the time / opportunity to play online too much at the moment so all of this BF 3, 4, 5, 1 (!), 6 talk is beyond me. At the moment it's Horizon in the week when I am away from home and in a hotel and Overcooked 2 at home so the entire family can scream at each other (I am a horrible co-op player).
DaddyR
Retired Elder & OAPodcaster

Awards Cabinet

Postby Geriatric44 » Sat 15 Sep 2018, 3:47 pm

Hello KK and welcome, I suppose my favourite question will be wasted on you considering your nickname but never the less which is best biscuits or cake?
Great intro and your only 13 years my junior, unlike the others that have said they don't play I do and I have BFV pre oredered so will be playing it, as our elder KC says it will be enjoyable on a Sunday night on what we call Battlefield Sunday (took a long time to come up with that Title) when lots of us park the zimmer frames and get on BF have a few drinks and battles. Now at 68 and a few hard knocks behind me my reactions are just not as quick as they used to be and to be perfectly honest I am an absolute crap player these days but love it. A little bit of advice BFV is best played with a group of players, I tried the beta joining on my own and wasn't that impressed but then when I joined with the other OAPs in a group I loved it, it does need a few things sorted but I think it is best played in a group.
I did say great into but on reflection I would say it's one of the best intros I have read.
Good luck, enjoy it here and hopefully see you in the servers this Sunday will be BF4 I would presume.
peace and love Tel

P.S. Your intro must have inspired me that's probably my longest post :)
Geriatric44
Jumble Sale Champ

Awards Cabinet

Postby FazerFlipper » Thu 20 Sep 2018, 11:48 am

Hey KillerKipling, I've been away for a while, but you'll find that once you are in OAP's you'll always come back.

I've been off flat titles recently due to picking up PSVR and finding the immersion something else. However, Battlefield has always been a personal stomping ground, and having been away from the franchise for a while, I can hear myself shouting "Anyone got a revive!?" soon.

So I'll see you around.
ImageImage
Click Signature for OAPs participating in the "365 Trophies in 365 Days Challenge"
FazerFlipper
Retired Elder

Awards Cabinet

Next

Return to Introductions